ESPN's Hector & Victor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN's Hector & Victor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:14 pm

yeah it does seem like more and more people argue and are more critical of what people say.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Posse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:36 pm

I think it is in direct correlation to injuries. :)
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby caneblood » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am

Yeah I just cracked up reading your reply. Very funny!

I've noticed the same high tension in my league and among friends that play. I think it's getting to that point in the year where many expectations are being shattered. Alot of people are realizing that that sleeper they thought would blow up should just be dropped and it's tough. Couple that with the wave of injuries and people are a bit jumpy.

Maybe some therapists should start advertising during games; they can pitch it by saying that they are experts in "fantasy depression". Heck some drug companies could make a killing on this. It's a whole new market that no one realizes exists.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:12 am

Emoticons are your friends...don't be afraid to throw in a :-D or ;-) or ;-7 when you are making a joke. It isn't always obvious when we're just reading and not seeing your actual demeanor. I did not think the retort post was a joke either when I first read it. It was only after I saw your ;-7 response upon being replied to that I realized it was a joke. :-/

As far as arguments go, it's twofold...Some of us are getting annoyed with our own fantasy situations, and others are just plain sticking up for their opinions to the end. We really try to keep the arguments down, but sometimes they do happen...and as was seen here, it's not always evident when someone is kidding. That's how a lot of squabbles happen in the first place.

If we can keep the jokes and jabs down to a minimum and just rebut each other with organized replies, things can be a lot cooler. B-) ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MickDaddy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:57 am

In truth, I took knapp's post as a joke. Got a chuckle outa me. But yeah, gotta remember that FF is a game that we play for fun, as an escape from the BS the real world presents. Getting pissed kinda defeats the pupose.
Just a couple o' pennies...
MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

H & V

Postby Chocolate Thunder » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:07 pm

I too would like to go on record to say that you shouldn't waste your time looking at Hector and Victor's nonsense. If you are interested in horoscopes, read horoscopes, if you want FF advice don't listen to those idiots. ESPN loses credibility having H & V. Like Fox lost credibility in my eyes by using that stupid cartoon baseball to describe types of pitches. Trying to interest the 3 year olds are we Fox?

I was also amused by knapplc's post, if knapple is really his name.
Chocolate Thunder
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:17 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Emoticons are your friends...don't be afraid to throw in a :-D or ;-) or ;-7 when you are making a joke. It isn't always obvious when we're just reading and not seeing your actual demeanor. I did not think the retort post was a joke either when I first read it. It was only after I saw your ;-7 response upon being replied to that I realized it was a joke. :-/

As far as arguments go, it's twofold...Some of us are getting annoyed with our own fantasy situations, and others are just plain sticking up for their opinions to the end. We really try to keep the arguments down, but sometimes they do happen...and as was seen here, it's not always evident when someone is kidding. That's how a lot of squabbles happen in the first place.

If we can keep the jokes and jabs down to a minimum and just rebut each other with organized replies, things can be a lot cooler. B-) ;-D

Not to high-jack this thread and get off topic, but I just get annoyed by the people who have obvious hostile undercurrents throughout ALL of their posts. I don't get snippy until someone quotes one of my posts and is an a$$ about it. Everyone is free to vent, etc., but don't take it out on the people in the Cafe who are just trying to help their FF team win! Sorry if your FF team is plagued by injuries or you're 1-5 ...let's all play nice and just agree to disagree!

MB makes a great point about jokes...please remember that your humor/sarcasm doesn't always come across in your post!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nebula » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:06 pm

I think knapplc makes a good point. I seem to see more and more posts like:

Answer: A Johnson sucks

:-t
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Count_Rugen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:07 pm

Anywayz... back to the original point. :-)
H&V are up now at any rate.

Don't know why folks are hating on their projections so much. MANY, MANY, MANY times they've brought to my attention free agency ff players that I would've overlooked otherwise. Players whose points helped win my games. ;-D

If you READ their player projections for the mini-articles, H&V are a fantastic resource. If you READ their projections just for the "projected player points" you're in for a let-down. They're put in a massively challenging spot when ESPN asks them to come up with individualized point projections for every NFL player. As such, you gotta take the point spreads with several grains of salt. But again, I highly recommend and enjoy reading their lil' mini-player-reports.

Good stuff!
H-dinck:[i]"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."[/i]
Count Rugen:[i]"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."[/i]
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matmat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:13 pm

my experience (and mind you it is limited to the time long long ago when their stuff was free) was that their yardage #s were generally pretty good, but their idea of who would and who would not score a touchdown was generally pretty rotten.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk