ESPN's Hector & Victor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN's Hector & Victor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:Not a shot at anyone in here, but is it just me or has it seemed like the Cafe is so high-tension lately? It seems like every post has some sort of argument...it's just fantasy football guys. I love it as much as the next guy, believe me - I wouldn't be on here if I didn't - but there's no need for any personal jabs. Don't get offended, because I know you were just kidding knapplc, but I wish some people would just sort of chill.
Just my two cents, don't kill me!

I hate you!@#!@$!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:59 am

Count_Rugen wrote:Anywayz... back to the original point. :-)
H&V are up now at any rate.

Don't know why folks are hating on their projections so much. MANY, MANY, MANY times they've brought to my attention free agency ff players that I would've overlooked otherwise. Players whose points helped win my games. ;-D

If you READ their player projections for the mini-articles, H&V are a fantastic resource. If you READ their projections just for the "projected player points" you're in for a let-down. They're put in a massively challenging spot when ESPN asks them to come up with individualized point projections for every NFL player. As such, you gotta take the point spreads with several grains of salt. But again, I highly recommend and enjoy reading their lil' mini-player-reports.

Good stuff!

That's what I wanted to know. I'm having trouble seeing them - I can select each game in the drop-down menu, but I can't see any of their predictions. I bet it has something to do with my free fantasy league on ESPN, which is trying to get me to purchase their "Edge" package, and I've got conflicting cookies - one that says I can get into Insider stuff, one that says I can't get into H&V stuff.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:05 pm

Count_Rugen wrote:Anywayz... back to the original point. :-)
H&V are up now at any rate.

Don't know why folks are hating on their projections so much. MANY, MANY, MANY times they've brought to my attention free agency ff players that I would've overlooked otherwise. Players whose points helped win my games. ;-D

If you READ their player projections for the mini-articles, H&V are a fantastic resource. If you READ their projections just for the "projected player points" you're in for a let-down. They're put in a massively challenging spot when ESPN asks them to come up with individualized point projections for every NFL player. As such, you gotta take the point spreads with several grains of salt. But again, I highly recommend and enjoy reading their lil' mini-player-reports.

Good stuff!

agreed. anyone who has the cojones to put up their own weekly projections for every player, to the precise point, for a complete season where everyone else can take potshots at it... they can feel free to criticize.

i mean, jesus, there's such a visceral hatred of sports analysts here. people dog them as blind, inept fools with the insinuation that if they ran a weekly column, theirs would be so far superior. chill, people. you are not the all-knowing sports gods you make yourselves out to be (and neither am i) or, if you were, you're an idiot for not taking your cash to vegas and making bank playing point spreads four months out of the year.

any dweeb can throw stones. it takes a real man to build something.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:16 pm

and actually, if anyone is interested, i'll run a h & v challenge. i'll start a thread with approx. 30 qb's, 60 wr's, and 40 rb's and people can email me their point projections for each. i'll buy h&v's projections and compare, each week, to the actual and sum up the deviations from the actual points. see if anyone else can beat the "dart board" or "horoscopes" in total deviation from projected.

or you can just keep yelling at how useless they are.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk