Question Regarding the Possibility of Priest Retiring... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Question Regarding the Possibility of Priest Retiring...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MiniDitkas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:44 pm

I don't see priest retiring after this year unless he suffers another injury. Next year could be his last.
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 349
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:11 pm

I would say it is very likely (65% - 75%) that Priest will retire to San Antonio to coach kids and do non-football stuff after this season.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4058
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At my trailer on the beach in Malibu

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:29 pm

Jaco325 wrote:Ah, okay. I can see how that might throw some people off, cause a few fainting spells, send several to the hospital, and send the Earth spinning off its axis.

I will be sure to annotate in a much more succinct and forthright manner from here on out.



I think it's more the fact that people might act on news trying to get the jump on all the other people in their league that are also cafe members before they actually take time to read through the thread...

For example.... If I had a trade for Priest pending with another cafe member, wherein I gave him Priest in a keeper league for someone, but I was hesitant to do it because Priest may not retire, I might see a thread topic like that, and try to hurry up and accept the trade before he got to see the topic.... And I might not take the time to read through your post.... And while that would be stupid on my part, it does happen from time to time, so we try not to post thread topics that are misleading....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:54 pm

moonhead wrote:priest has not run well this year. but I don't think he hangs it up after this season. but if johnson stays in KC I think the job is his next year...it's hard to think like that, but for the most part, johnson has looked better running the ball this year.

change the name of this topic too. that's misleading.


Does anyone else agree that LJ has looked better than Holmes? I have not watched any KC games this yr, so I would like some opinions on this from people who have. From what I have read on here, the sentiment Ive taken is that Holmes is much more effective and has looked much better than LJ.

KC fans care to weigh in?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
moonhead wrote:priest has not run well this year. but I don't think he hangs it up after this season. but if johnson stays in KC I think the job is his next year...it's hard to think like that, but for the most part, johnson has looked better running the ball this year.

change the name of this topic too. that's misleading.


Does anyone else agree that LJ has looked better than Holmes? I have not watched any KC games this yr, so I would like some opinions on this from people who have. From what I have read on here, the sentiment Ive taken is that Holmes is much more effective and has looked much better than LJ.

KC fans care to weigh in?


LJ's ypc has been better than priest's. LJ had a bad fumble against denver...he's made some mistakes that make him look green. but it's obvious that he's the fresher back. he runs harder and hits the hole better.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:58 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Jaco325 wrote:Ah, okay. I can see how that might throw some people off, cause a few fainting spells, send several to the hospital, and send the Earth spinning off its axis.

I will be sure to annotate in a much more succinct and forthright manner from here on out.


Gimme a break, dude. Everyone knows you did it on purpose.

There's a sticky on the Injury forum saying "NO JOKES." This is clearly meant to deceive.


Of course he did it on purpose... That's why the first thing he said was "Don't get excited..." You'll notice he edited that out of his initial post. Now he's being a smart aleck. Way to make a first impression... of course I'm sure he doesn't care.

As far as Holmes go, I doubt very seriously he would retire before his contract expired... especially now that he doesn't have to run the ball 25-30 times a game. I'm pretty sure his contract expires at the end of the 2006 season.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:18 pm

moonhead wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
moonhead wrote:priest has not run well this year. but I don't think he hangs it up after this season. but if johnson stays in KC I think the job is his next year...it's hard to think like that, but for the most part, johnson has looked better running the ball this year.

change the name of this topic too. that's misleading.


Does anyone else agree that LJ has looked better than Holmes? I have not watched any KC games this yr, so I would like some opinions on this from people who have. From what I have read on here, the sentiment Ive taken is that Holmes is much more effective and has looked much better than LJ.

KC fans care to weigh in?


LJ's ypc has been better than priest's. LJ had a bad fumble against denver...he's made some mistakes that make him look green. but it's obvious that he's the fresher back. he runs harder and hits the hole better.


Not to mention the fact that Priest is averaging 3.7 YPC and LJ is averaging 5.5. Perhaps we'll see a situation in KC next year like they currently have in St. Louis where Faulk is backing up Jackson?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:26 pm

That YPC number really doesnt do much for me guys. Thats similar to the Hearst/Barlow situation in SF a few yrs back. There are just too many intangibles that make up the number (offenses stacking the box when Priest is in, etc.) to read it as the guy with the better YPC is the more effective RB.

I really would like to see some KC fans' opinion of this situation, because as I said above, I've heard differently - that LJ doesnt look that good at all actually. So, please be honest - if you have watched the majority of KC games this yr, who looks better? If you havent watched the majority of KC games, then please dont quote stats at me.

I am currently trolling on a KC messageboard to get their take, although Im not familiar with the most active boards, so if anyone could point me in the direction of a good KC messageboard, I would appreciate it.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:36 pm

I will say the beginning of the year LJ looked better. But the last couple Priest is looking better. He is running very hard, and still has an uncanny nose for the endzone. LJ may be a bit more explosive, but also has coughed it up in 2 of the last 3 games in key situations.

I think the Priest YPC number being low isn't a true reflection either, since he had a 100 yds receiving last week, including a 60 yd TD. So he has some gas left in the tank. I do think that knocks a bit of the has no breakaway speed and can't score from more more than 10-15 yds out argument with him. He didn't get caught.

I have Priest & Gonzo in my local league, CB...So I have caught the games. There seemed to be some nervousness, or maybe trepidation early in the season of Priest hitting the holes...I haven't seen that in the last couple games. Plus they weren't looking to dump it off to him in the backfield early on, like they are now.

I would have felt confident starting LJ in a league as a #2 back a few weeks ago. No way I feel that confident now.

Oh-and yep. That title would have gotten you carded. Thanks for changing it. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby theimitator » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:11 pm

doesn't Roaf coming back now have alot to do with Preist's recent production too?
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 510
Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: updating my Netflix queue

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:10 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact