Kevin Johnson--Boring? Sure... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Johnson--Boring? Sure...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Johnson--Boring? Sure...

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:14 pm

...but with all those lions receivers banged up, the lions playing from behind, and jeff "sassy" garcia under center, johnson is a reliable receiver.

more accurately, he is the reliable receiver on that team. worth a look for those fantasy teams tattered by torn groins and sprained MCLs.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:19 pm

The biggest "if" in a post full of "ifs" is Jeff Garcia. And frankly, I'm not sold on any Lions WR getting a start until that "if" becomes a reality. Roy is just going to chew the bench for a while.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:21 pm

I don't know... I'm way off the Lions bandwagon. Garcia looked horrible in preseason - busted up, no arm strength, no speed.

Even if they bench the trainwreck that Harrington has become in favor of Garcia, I'm not under the impression that the Lions air attack is going to improve. There's something fundamentally wrong with that organization. They have so much talent to be so mediocre.

I'd hold off picking up any Lions WRs until they prove they can be productive over a couple of games.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:26 pm

who said he'd be a #1? surely not i.

and there are no "ifs." all the other wrs are banged up. the lions do play from behind. and sassy will be under center.

i assert that you'll see a jump in his numbers. take it or leave it.

edit: and by no means am i a participant in the lions' bandwagon. :-P

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:30 pm

i already gave up on and dropped roy williams.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:50 pm

Actually, Garcia has said he is not ready yet.

Detroit Free Press wrote:Mariucci said Garcia had been cleared to practice and play this week if his leg felt well enough. But Garcia likes to use his legs almost as much as his arm, and he told WXYT-AM (1270) that he wasn't "anywhere close to 100%" and didn't know if he would be ready.

"If I'm not healthy, then I'm not as mobile as I have been in the past, and that's something that I feel in order for me to be effective and to feel confident in my own self, I need to have that with me," Garcia told WXYT. "Again, we'll just see how that materializes throughout the week as far as my health is concerned."

We'll see, but calls for Garcia may be a bit premature at this point.

As for Kevin Johnson, I had him tabbed as a sleeper last week since he was supposed to be the only viable WR against CAR too. Well, he did get 8 looks, but only 4 catches and a YPC under 6 pretty much makes him worthless even though he was the only viable WR. The TD threat is still going to be Pollard too. Last week I was high on Kevin Johnson - after this past week I can say without hesitation: never mind, you can do better with someone else off your WW.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk