Garcia => Lions Turnaround? Who's his favorite target? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Garcia => Lions Turnaround? Who's his favorite target?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Garcia => Lions Turnaround? Who's his favorite target?

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:57 pm

It's not for sure, but Garcia may be starting for the Lions soon. He wouldn't have put in steller performances to do better than Harrington. Especially with the Defense emerging as a true force.

I am interested in hearing from the guys that follow Detroit what they think this move could do and what players would benefit.

Which receiver's value stands to rise the most with Garcia instead of Harrington?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:02 pm

I am guessing it will be the same as Joey's....the turf.

The o-line is not good and any QB back there is going to have a hard time completing a pass.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Re: Garcia => Lions Turnaround? Who's his favorite target?

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Which receiver's value stands to rise the most with Garcia instead of Harrington?

I heard Garcia and Roy Williams are in the same contract bridge club, so they might have good rapport.

Seriously though, how could any predictions about with which WRs Garcia will gel be anything but mere speculation? I think, if Garcia gets the job, we'll just have to wait and see.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Yeah I agree, the O-Line is bad and I doubt Detroit's aerial attack will produce much.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:07 pm

Garthia has no arm and is skidish in the pocket. Plus, with Ro. Williams and Rogers out, Lions WRs shouldn't produce very good fantasy numbers.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:09 pm

Didn't Cornbread say Garcia's arm was dead? I wouldn't bet the farm on him being an improvement over Joey quite yet.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:11 pm

I honestly don't think he is an improvement, I don't know what all the hype about him replacing Joey is.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:19 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:Didn't Cornbread say Garcia's arm was dead? I wouldn't bet the farm on him being an improvement over Joey quite yet.

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Actually, Garcia has said he is not ready yet.

Detroit Free Press wrote:Mariucci said Garcia had been cleared to practice and play this week if his leg felt well enough. But Garcia likes to use his legs almost as much as his arm, and he told WXYT-AM (1270) that he wasn't "anywhere close to 100%" and didn't know if he would be ready.

"If I'm not healthy, then I'm not as mobile as I have been in the past, and that's something that I feel in order for me to be effective and to feel confident in my own self, I need to have that with me," Garcia told WXYT. "Again, we'll just see how that materializes throughout the week as far as my health is concerned."

We'll see, but calls for Garcia may be a bit premature at this point.

As for Kevin Johnson, I had him tabbed as a sleeper last week since he was supposed to be the only viable WR against CAR too. Well, he did get 8 looks, but only 4 catches and a YPC under 6 pretty much makes him worthless even though he was the only viable WR. The TD threat is still going to be Pollard too. Last week I was high on Kevin Johnson - after this past week I can say without hesitation: never mind, you can do better with someone else off your WW.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:20 pm

Gnu314 wrote:I honestly don't think he is an improvement, I don't know what all the hype about him replacing Joey is.

There are people who believe that the offense is bad because of Joey, so replacing him would make the offense good.

As has been said before, Detroit's offensive struggles go far beyond the QB, so take any QB change with a grain of salt.

Bottom line - once Garcia gets healthy again (which he isnt), is he giong to make the OLine block better? Are the WRs going to get off the line cleanly and run crisp routes and not drop passes? Now, dont get me wrong - an ounce of improvisation could probably improve the offense, and Garcia could bring that, but to expect an increase in stats from him is a bit premature.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:22 pm

I must add that I would not even consider adding Garcia to my FFL roster. But if he could keep the chains moving better than Harrington then Kevin Jones would surely benefit as well as a couple of the receivers that have been underacheiving.

I'm not trying to hype the situation; I'm just looking for some buy-low candiates here. It is way too early to tell these things for sure, but by the time you CAN tell, guys will be all over the WW trying to pick them up or the guys will not be for sale. Trying to speculate the best I can with any tidbits of information that I can gather.

I'm thinking the receiver who best fits a posession prototype would be a guy to think about.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner