Brandon Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Brandon Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Jones

Postby Grizzly0660 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:51 pm

What do u expect from him against Arizona, with drew bennet out and tyrone calico slacking, steve smith out this weekend im thinkin about startin him
Grizzly0660
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 69
Joined: 7 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:53 pm

i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby dabearsaregreat » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:13 pm

with bennet out would you rather have Troupe against ARZ or Jeramy Stevens against DAL???
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 204
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 pm

dabearsaregreat wrote:with bennet out would you rather have Troupe against ARZ or Jeramy Stevens against DAL???

troupe....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:17 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.


he did get 12 looks last week against a much better defense. i think even if he only gets maybe 10 looks he could go for about what you have there. 5 catches for 82 last week isn't bad. i have to admit though i don't really know much about the guy. anyone know if he is the speedster type or a good possesion type wr? i don't see alot of OK or titan games.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:47 pm

I wouldnt touch Jones this weekend, if he barely made a impact as a #2 reciever (remember Bennett was getting the main coverage) then what are his chances against the better DBs? He really hasnt proven anything yet. But start him if you want, its not my team afterall.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3185
Joined: 13 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:54 pm

I'm starting Jones. Trust me, the Titans will have to make a few long passes and Troupe and Kinney will be the Posession players. Jones will have a number 2 reciever day at least.

mystykoekaki you not thinking straight on this one.....
Image
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:18 pm

logan wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.


he did get 12 looks last week against a much better defense. i think even if he only gets maybe 10 looks he could go for about what you have there. 5 catches for 82 last week isn't bad. i have to admit though i don't really know much about the guy. anyone know if he is the speedster type or a good possesion type wr? i don't see alot of OK or titan games.

People compare him to a poor man's Andre Johnson. (No, not fantasy wise...that would be horrible). :-D
Image
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 865
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Texas

Postby Slingblade » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:38 pm

i think jones will eventually come out being our numbe 1 WR...maybe not this year. bennett just isnt a number 1 WR.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3174
Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:45 am

Slingblade wrote:i think jones will eventually come out being our numbe 1 WR...maybe not this year. bennett just isnt a number 1 WR.


I like the mini-sig Sling...

What do you foresee in the whole Kinney/Troupe situation? I picked up Kinney a couple of weeks ago when he and Troupe were both banged up but Troupe was not supposed to play (he did and scored) and this past weekend Kinney's 5 points were the top TE score for my team (my weakest spot obviously) through 6 weeks...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:16 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact