Brandon Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Jones

Postby Grizzly0660 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:51 pm

What do u expect from him against Arizona, with drew bennet out and tyrone calico slacking, steve smith out this weekend im thinkin about startin him
Grizzly0660
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:53 pm

i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dabearsaregreat » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:13 pm

with bennet out would you rather have Troupe against ARZ or Jeramy Stevens against DAL???
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 pm

dabearsaregreat wrote:with bennet out would you rather have Troupe against ARZ or Jeramy Stevens against DAL???

troupe....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby logan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:17 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.

he did get 12 looks last week against a much better defense. i think even if he only gets maybe 10 looks he could go for about what you have there. 5 catches for 82 last week isn't bad. i have to admit though i don't really know much about the guy. anyone know if he is the speedster type or a good possesion type wr? i don't see alot of OK or titan games.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:47 pm

I wouldnt touch Jones this weekend, if he barely made a impact as a #2 reciever (remember Bennett was getting the main coverage) then what are his chances against the better DBs? He really hasnt proven anything yet. But start him if you want, its not my team afterall.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benm3218 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:54 pm

I'm starting Jones. Trust me, the Titans will have to make a few long passes and Troupe and Kinney will be the Posession players. Jones will have a number 2 reciever day at least.

mystykoekaki you not thinking straight on this one.....
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:18 pm

logan wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i think hes a pretty good play this week against Arizona. Im not expecting huge numbers but something around the neighborhood of 80 yds and maybe a TD. I really think Kinney and Troupe will get most of the workload with Bennett out.

he did get 12 looks last week against a much better defense. i think even if he only gets maybe 10 looks he could go for about what you have there. 5 catches for 82 last week isn't bad. i have to admit though i don't really know much about the guy. anyone know if he is the speedster type or a good possesion type wr? i don't see alot of OK or titan games.

People compare him to a poor man's Andre Johnson. (No, not fantasy wise...that would be horrible). :-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slingblade » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:38 pm

i think jones will eventually come out being our numbe 1 WR...maybe not this year. bennett just isnt a number 1 WR.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:45 am

Slingblade wrote:i think jones will eventually come out being our numbe 1 WR...maybe not this year. bennett just isnt a number 1 WR.

I like the mini-sig Sling...

What do you foresee in the whole Kinney/Troupe situation? I picked up Kinney a couple of weeks ago when he and Troupe were both banged up but Troupe was not supposed to play (he did and scored) and this past weekend Kinney's 5 points were the top TE score for my team (my weakest spot obviously) through 6 weeks...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk