Brandon Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:37 am

I said before the season that Brandon Jones was going to be the #1 rookie WR in redraft leagues. And this week will be very telling how that prediction is going to pan out. Thus far, the WRs in Tennessee have been hurt moreso by the system than any other factor. Drew Bennett has been a bust thus far, but it hasn't been his fault, it is the system. No true stud, breakout, etc. type WR is going to emerge in Tennessee in 2005.

As predicted, the Norm Chow offense heavily focuses on timing, tempo, and moving the chains. The RBs, FBs, and TEs are all heavily involved in the passing game, and the WRs haven't been targeted like on other NFL teams. I wouldn't want to start a Tennessee WR as anything other than a #3 WR. Thankfully, that is where all teams will be playing Brandon Jones, in fact he is probably a WW WR right now in most leagues.

I think if you need a WR and you have bench space, Brandon Jones is a must pick WR this week. Bennett is down, Tennessee has a very easy schedule moving forward, and Jones has WR#1 potential (in NFL terms). McNair has been targeting the guy just as much as anybody else, and he may start leaning on him now that they have to play one of Roby, Calico, etc. across from him. If McNair develops a rhythm with Jones.... look out he may start seeing 9-10 passes a game go his way ala Derrick Mason.

I don't really have any leagues where I'm in a position to play Jones this week against Zona, but I have stashed him on the bench in a couple. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 6/80/1 though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk