Head-to-Head vs. Rotisserie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Head-to-Head vs. Rotisserie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby logan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:34 am

dream_017 wrote:There is only one way to play fantasy football - H2H ;-D

Real football games are also determined by schedule makers. An NFL team can start to gel later in the season so it would have been better to play them early in the season. Total points is just plain boring and there would be no fun in even playing, once you have a bad week, it would take forever to get back into contention. With only 1 loss you are still in the hunt for playoffs.

actualy i was in last place after the first two weeks in my points league by around a hundred points after week 2. 4 weeks later i'm now in first place. unless you are down big you can make up those points with good decisions and a little luck. h2h you can have a pretty decent team put up some good points and get beat by 1 point every week. a potential good team going 0-6 1-5 because of some bad luck only. now you are almost mathematically eliminated at this point and your main goal is to play upset.

i agree h2h is fun for the trash talking and such but with a points league you are never out of it unless your team just totally stinks.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:51 am

logan wrote:actualy i was in last place after the first two weeks in my points league by around a hundred points after week 2. 4 weeks later i'm now in first place. unless you are down big you can make up those points with good decisions and a little luck. h2h you can have a pretty decent team put up some good points and get beat by 1 point every week. a potential good team going 0-6 1-5 because of some bad luck only. now you are almost mathematically eliminated at this point and your main goal is to play upset.

i agree h2h is fun for the trash talking and such but with a points league you are never out of it unless your team just totally stinks.

This is happening in my money league right now. Two teams are on opposite ends of the spectrum, on 6-0, the other 1-5. They’ve scored about equal points, but the 1-5 team has had an unlikely string of high-scoring opponents. I’d be ticked if I was him (and he is, believe me), but it’s more like the real game.

The Packers started 0-4, then destroyed New Orleans. They’re better than 0-4, but not good enough to have trounced the Saints like they did, but the end result is that they’re 1-5. That’s why H2H is much better – it mimics the real game more accurately.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 am

H2H, Rotisserie is better for baseball or hockey when the games are scattered.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk