You are the GM of your fav team. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

You are the GM of your fav team.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:59 pm

fire the head coach.

trade up for reggie bush. trade up like" I'm minnesota and I want Herschel Walker" trade up.

throw a big ass sex part on chartered ship.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am

49ers...Go back in a time machine and grab Montana, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Craig, Hanks, McDonald, Lott, Norton, Sanders '95, Sapolu, and Wersching - Bill and Ted style. ;-7

Reality:

Sign at least one good DB and Safety...no freaking retreads or rookies unless they are first rounders. I'm tired of getting burned deep.

Find or draft some decent linemen and pray that Smith is good. Maybe even draft Leinart next year for the heck of it. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:24 am

Indianapolis Colts:

-Ask them to give us a harder schedule so Pats fans stop B****ing about how they're actually the better team because of their harder schedule. :-t

-Buy everyone a yacht.

-Eat a pie.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:56 am

awwchrist wrote:fire the head coach.

trade up for reggie bush. trade up like" I'm minnesota and I want Herschel Walker" trade up.

throw a big ass sex part on chartered ship.

i thought you were a seahawks fan, not a vikings\texans\49ers fan. maybe it works for both.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:15 am

easy...

1) Sign/Draft another FS. Davis is good... as a nickleback. That, or move Aaron Glenn to safety. He has the cover skills to be effective (despite his meltdown against WAS on MNF :-# ).

2) Rework the offensive line. We have a good one, but not a great one. We need a great line again to bring us back to the promised land.

3) Draft a QB high. Bledsoe has been nothing short of spectacular (at least much better than I thought he would do), but I'd like him to start grooming a replacement for a couple years so that when he leaves, we have our dynasty QB ready. I still like Henson, but if he flops... we need to be prepared.

4) Draft a WR in first three rounds. I'd be pumped if that WR was Jeff Webb. Before you Google him, Webb is the all-star WR at (of course) SDSU. Drops more than he should, but has incredible leaping ability and if an enormous deep threat. Kind of reminds me of a young Keyshawn. Granted, Webb might not (and probably won't) be drafted in the top three, but I'd be stoked nonetheless.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:05 am

Lions:

1. Fire Mariucci and the entire coaching staff on down: OffCO, DefCO, everyone - gone. Hire disciplinarian coaching staff.
2. Go after Kitna, Holcomb, Brad Johnson, Schaub, Volek, Weinke, or any other somewhat veteran QB who has been in the league a few years to manage the offense. We dont need a playmaker as much as we need a QB who manages the game an provides some leadership. We also dont need to spend a lot of money bringing in a big name. Obviously cut Joey and the ridiculous contract of his. The savings will help land a couple big name FAs.
3. Sign the best DE on the market.
4. Sign the best LT on the market - drop Backus in the process (although he could be a FA after this season anyway).
5. Other areas of concern to address either through FA or draft: MLB, possible OLine upgrades (C, RT, LG), CB, QB development, DT depth, DE depth (still need to get best veteran DE on market - the draft would be for depth - not to find a starter).
6. Get cheerleaders ;-D

As for shutdown CBs - these guys are the rarest and most sought after players in the NFL. Unless you have a top 10 pick in the draft, your team will have no chance of drafting one (as seen this past yr). The other ways to aquire a shutdown CB is to trade (Portis for Bailey comes to mind), or sign one via FA for massive money (no true shutdown CBs were available through FA this offseason unless you consider an aging and injured Law to still be a shutdown CB). Of course if one is available to the Lions with their high first rd draft pick, then Id say go after one - just like they wanted to do this yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cooner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:14 am

Steelers-

1. get cheerleaders (see CM, I have my preferences straight!)
2. look for a shut-down corner- I'm not really sold on Taylor/Townsend, even when healthy.
3. buy a protective full-body-armour suit with a pulsing force field that keeps Ben Roethlisberger safe from all harm.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:20 am

SD Chargers:
-Get rid of the pathetic players they call a secondary (I loathe you Quentin Jammer and Sammy Davis...2 wasted draft picks!)
-Get rid of Rivers in order to get some decent pass rushers and a decent secondary
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:42 am

Washington Redskins
Unleash the Beast:
PLAY LAVAR ARRINGTON
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:46 am

Redskins Win wrote:Washington Redskins
Unleash the Beast:
PLAY LAVAR ARRINGTON

wait, i missed something along the line... why is he not playing?
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk