McNabb Owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb Owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb Owners

Postby aaronk » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:29 pm

Who would you stash away as the backup for McNabb; Detmer or McMahon? Detmer is listed as the #2 on the depth chart, but not sure if that would hold up if McNabb goes down or he doesn't play the last few games of the year.
aaronk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:32 pm

Dunno. Probably not going to start either of those guys anyway if McNabb goes down.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby tpetty6320 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:11 pm

ditto.....i just picked up leftwich for insurance. pickings are slim
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby silverZ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:38 am

Neither. Unless your leauge is really deep just pick up a trent dilfer or david carr type.
circa 2005
silverZ
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 am

Aye, I wouldn't play either. I have Eli as a backup, and if McNabb goes down for the year I might drop Derrick Mason and grab someone like McCown or Holcomb.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: McNabb Owners

Postby Cooner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 am

aaronk wrote:Who would you stash away as the backup for McNabb; Detmer or McMahon? Detmer is listed as the #2 on the depth chart, but not sure if that would hold up if McNabb goes down or he doesn't play the last few games of the year.

Come on people, if you can't answer his question don't. If you're in a two QB league, there simply aren't any starters on the WW.

I don't buy the McMahon thing- grab Detmer. There are two possibilities I see.

The most likely- the Eagles are struggling to make the playoffs with the Giants, Cowgirls, and newly emerged Redskins in what's turning out to be a very tough division. McNabb plays even if he's in a wheelchair, and if he's flat out, the Eagles need someone who has proven he can play- that's Detmer.

The other option is they've clinched the division early and give McNabb some much-needed time off to rest up for the playoffs. They STILL want to win, with a bye and homefield on the line. Again, go with the proven guy, Detmer.

Really, I don't see much chance of the 2nd possibility, and unless McNabb is literally declared medically unfit to play, he'll be starting, meaning you'll be playing him, even if for only half a game. But if you're looking to grab the guy who plays if McNabb is declared out, I think that's Detmer.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:09 pm

I have a hard time thinking that the Iggles would play McMahon over Detmer. Detmer is a vet who knows the O enough to fill in nicely, while McMahon is unproven and still learning the system. I can also say that during his time in Detroit, McMahon showed himself to have a cannon for an arm but is so inaccurate and has so little touch that he would only be an emergency player.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Re: McNabb Owners

Postby aaronk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:11 pm

Cooner wrote:
aaronk wrote:Who would you stash away as the backup for McNabb; Detmer or McMahon? Detmer is listed as the #2 on the depth chart, but not sure if that would hold up if McNabb goes down or he doesn't play the last few games of the year.

Come on people, if you can't answer his question don't. If you're in a two QB league, there simply aren't any starters on the WW.

I don't buy the McMahon thing- grab Detmer. There are two possibilities I see.

The most likely- the Eagles are struggling to make the playoffs with the Giants, Cowgirls, and newly emerged Redskins in what's turning out to be a very tough division. McNabb plays even if he's in a wheelchair, and if he's flat out, the Eagles need someone who has proven he can play- that's Detmer.

The other option is they've clinched the division early and give McNabb some much-needed time off to rest up for the playoffs. They STILL want to win, with a bye and homefield on the line. Again, go with the proven guy, Detmer.

Really, I don't see much chance of the 2nd possibility, and unless McNabb is literally declared medically unfit to play, he'll be starting, meaning you'll be playing him, even if for only half a game. But if you're looking to grab the guy who plays if McNabb is declared out, I think that's Detmer.

Thank you very much. Exactly what I was looking for. My league does start 2 qbs, so there aren't any starters on the waiver wire. Chris Weinke was picked up this week and Tim Rattay was grabbed 2 weeks ago just as a hope that they'll eventually play.

My two starters are McNabb and Culpepper. Then I have Frerotte and Holcomb to fill in during bye weeks. If McNabb went down or sat during playoffs, Detmer could score a lot of fantasy points with Philly's offense. By adding Detmer b/4 the add/drop deadline I would theoretically have another qb if anything would happen.
aaronk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:16 pm

If McNabb opts for surgery or get's hurt *knock on wood* McMahon is the starter. McMahon however is hurt right now so..... Detmer is listed as the second string so he can be the holder.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:48 pm

From all accounts I can remember, the Eagles are in love with Detmer. He makes the perfect fill in for them, and they have proven time and time again that they are not afraid to use him. He's the guy I believe they will turn to. Just curious, has Garcia been snatched up yet? He might be worth a look, and I would certainly give Volek consideration to stash away as I'm not convinced McNair will last the year. He might, but the games that Volek had in his absence really make it a shot worth taking.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk