Anyone know anything about this Derrick Ward guy for NYG? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone know anything about this Derrick Ward guy for NYG?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone know anything about this Derrick Ward guy for NYG?

Postby Duff Man » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:01 am

All I know is they dropped Mike Cloud - a veteran - to have him on the roster and he looked speedy in those few carries he had against Dallas.

Anyone think he might be Tiki's primary backup the rest of the way and Jacobs will strictly be a short yardage back?

As an aside, I have Tiki in a keeper league so I'm very interested in figuring out if Jacobs has lost "heir apparent" status . . .
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants! » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:41 am

Ward is nt so good and he gets 10 max carries a game. Why do you want him
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Duff Man » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:50 am

I'm more interested in figuring out who Tiki's backup is. Jacobs was a "must have" after week 1 if you're in a keeper league, and now I'm wondering if it would be RBBC if Tiki went down.
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:49 am

Ward is pretty decent. The Giants got him off of the Jets practice squad last year. But I don't think he'll ever be FF relevant. If Tiki were to get hurt I'm pretty sure it would be a RBBC. A third back would be brought in and Jacobs and Ward would share the load. It's just speculation but I don't see TC putting the full load on Jacobs at this point in his career. Still, Jacobs would get the majority of the carries and he would be in near the goalline so from a FF perspective I think that he's the one you would want.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk