Which teams give up the most points to IDPs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which teams give up the most points to IDPs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which teams give up the most points to IDPs?

Postby Doughhead » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 am

I'm looking for a couple of spot starts. Which matchups should I target in terms of lots of tackles or potential INTs?

Thanks.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 204BC » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:54 pm

Which positions are you looking for? It would help if you were more specific. The great thing about IDP leagues is that there is almost always someone in the FA pool to grab. Without knowing any specific names that you are looking for, the best I can do is throw out a few names that I know. Here are the starting defensive players on my team, however I doubt any of them are available on your WW:

LB – Ray Lewis, Bal. (not having the same type of year as usual, but he’s a solid start)
LB – Nick Barnett, G.B. (Kicking butt. If he’s available, grab him. He plays the Vikings this week and should produce big numbers)
DB – C. Carr, Oak. (Not a lot of defensive stats, but our league gives points for Kick and punt returns and he’s been awesome)
DB – A. Winfield, Min. (Has not had a stellar year, but he gets by. He’s average in my book.)
D – Cato June, Ind. (Kicking butt, however it looks as if he won’t play this week due to a knee injury)
D – J. Farrior, Pit (Solid start, has had some really big games, but not as consistent as I’d like)
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Doctor P » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:17 pm

I am in such a league. There is always someone good to nab. I'm a big fan of LBs b/c they get a lot of tackles. With a DT or DE you are mainly hit or miss w/whether or not they will record a sack. Safeties are good as well as they will get you some tackles and depending on the safety they might get you a sack; someone like Dawkins or Polamalu. I feel DBs are only a good pick up if they return kicks. That being said, I like McGee from Buffalo.

I would just look at their averages, but make sure they didn't just have a big week that skewed their average. All of the above players that were mentioned by 204BC are good. I would add Zach Thomas, Keith Bulluck, Jonathon Vilma, Urlacher, Donnie Edwards, Deangelo Hall, Gary Brackett, Mike Vrabel, Patrick Kerney, Roy Williams, Al Wilson, just to name a few.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Ironhorse75 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:27 pm

Any defensive end thats facing Houston may be worth looking into. We all know how many sacks they like to give up.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:07 pm

Here's 2 LB's that might be on the waiver wire

Demorrio Williams

James Harrison

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:40 pm

I don't play IDP, but wouldn't Plindsey's defensive formula be somewhat helpful to IDP's as it is for team defenses? It's more geared towards turnovers and points allowed, though. As far as tackles go, I guess you'd have to make a new formula based on offensive plays per game (which creates tackles).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Which teams give up the most points to IDPs?

Postby swyck » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Doughhead wrote:I'm looking for a couple of spot starts. Which matchups should I target in terms of lots of tackles or potential INTs?

Thanks.

The steadiest IDP points come from tackles. In order to make a lot of tackles the other team needs to have a good enough offense to stay on the field. The best would be a team that rolls up plenty of yards, forcing your D to make tackles downfield, while also turning the ball over. If they suck and they're 3 and out, then that's not much help is it?

So while it seems counterintuititve, you dont want to face the worst O teams, and there's nothing wrong with going up against good Os especially if they turn the ball over.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:03 am

You're looking for a team with an effective running attack and good TOP if you want to aim for tackles. The big play pass teams usually don't do so hot for this, but a shorter passing team such as Philly might do fine.

Turnovers and sacks can be easily surmised through turnovers and sacks against...I'm sure you can pull those #'s up easily. Personally, I think turnovers are very hard to guess for IDPs, because you never know who'll get the chance. Sacks are easier, but they're more of a gamble with more risk and reward than going for tackles.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:17 am

I'm pretty sure you can get that info at http://www.fftoday.com. If you register for free you can put your scoring system in and then go to the page where it shows ffpoints allowed for each position using your scoring system. I'm fairly confident that it is compatable with IDPs.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk