Deshaun Foster--Grab While the Grabbing's Good - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deshaun Foster--Grab While the Grabbing's Good

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dat dude » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:43 pm

i traded mccardell for foster.im really thin at rb and i figured mccardell doesnt really hold anymore value for me anymore,with gates back.
anyways i think foster will be the man in about 3 weeks
Dat dude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:20 pm

People, give up the freakin' ghost.

Now in his third season, he's had two career rushing TDs and 2 career receiving TDs.

He's not the guy in Carolina, and there's no sign that's he's going to ever be the guy. Sitting around waiting for Stephen Davis to snap just doesn't seem like the most mentally healthy thing to do.

Davis probably has a couple of more years in him, and by then Carolina may have come across a younger RB they like better than Foster.

Foster appears to be one of those guys who every year is expected to 'have his year' and it just never happens. This is another of those years. He'll get some yards, but he's not the guy.

He'll never be the guy.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kcs261 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:10 pm

What's with the drivel in the post above me? Seriously. the reason Foster isn't the man is because Carolina is staying "old" and isn't given Foster the chance. Let's compare Foster and Davis this year:

Foster - 4.5 YPC and 188 Reiving Yards (15.7 yards average reception)

Davis 3.1 YPC and only 37 Total Reception Yards All Year (yuck).

So, Foster averages almost a yard and 1/2 more per carry and can catch out of the backfield -- whereas Davis is totally unable to do anything close through the air.

Oh, no, if Foster would be given the rock regularly, he would be way better than Davis at this point. He has more breakaway potential and is always a threat out of the backfield.

Foster is a big back as well: 6"0 and 222 lbs. He could easily be a feature back.

The guy above me sounds like a scared S. Davis owner.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk