Dolphins vs. Chiefs Game Moved - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins vs. Chiefs Game Moved

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:30 am

The_Dude wrote:
matmat wrote:color me sceptical.

i can see them moving the game to monday or tuesday, I don't see them bringing it forward... not enough warning to ticketholders, etc.

It only makes sense that they would move it forward... if the 'Cane ends up being a big one, then presumably the last thing they'd want to do a day or two after it hit was have a football game. There might not power, plus if the path ends up heading toward Miami, officials may encourage people to leave.

Bingo.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:46 am

Great scoop! Thanks for the info!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:54 am

NFL moves Chiefs Dolphins to Friday night because of hurricane

2005-10-20 12:22

NEW YORK (AP) - The game between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs was rescheduled to Friday night to beat Hurricane Wilma's arrival in Florida.

The game will begin at 7 p.m. Friday instead of Sunday afternoon, which is about when Wilma is expected to hit Florida's southwestern coast.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.

It's the third time since the start of the 2004 season that the Dolphins have rescheduled a home game because of a looming hurricane. Last year's home opener against Tennessee was played a day early because of Hurricane Ivan, and the Dolphins' Week 3 game with Pittsburgh was pushed back 7 1/2 hours by Hurricane Jeanne.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:04 pm

I wonder how bad the winds and rains will be Friday? I was thinking this was going to be the week that Trent Green started to heat up. Stupid hurricanes!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:07 pm

moochman wrote:I wonder how bad the winds and rains will be Friday? I was thinking this was going to be the week that Trent Green started to heat up. Stupid hurricanes!

Weather.com currently lists their forecast for gametime as a 50% chance of rain (and they're talking thunder showers), about 80 degrees and extremely humid.

Also, the new forecast model (as of this morning) has Wilma hitting South Florida directly (while other models had posited the peninsula) about when the game was originally scheduled on Sunday.
Last edited by The_Dude on Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby VaderFin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:08 pm

moochman wrote:I wonder how bad the winds and rains will be Friday? I was thinking this was going to be the week that Trent Green started to heat up. Stupid hurricanes!

I don't think they will be too bad. But it's a hurricane so you never know...the thing might not even come close to Miami. I expect some wind and rain though. Tomorrow afternoon you will know for sure.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:25 pm

Wilma hs slowed down some, so they don't expect landfall now in FLA until Sunday. I don't think conditions for the game will be TOO Bad, but I'm no meteorologist.

I did, however, stay at a......never mind. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:41 pm

I'm in a private yahoo league and when the games start on sunday we are not allowed to change our line up until tuesday. What is going to happen with this? Will i still be able to change part of my lineup sunday before the games? I need to know this because i have a player that is questionable and is a game time decision.

Thanks.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drsteuss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:43 pm

They gotta put this on national TV, don't they? Circumstances aside, watching an NFL game on Friday night is a pretty sweet development.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:54 pm

drsteuss wrote:They gotta put this on national TV, don't they? Circumstances aside, watching an NFL game on Friday night is a pretty sweet development.

Especially early in the night.

With a 7:00pm game, I can still go out afterwards. Or go to a sports bar to watch the game, then either stay there or go to another bar!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk