Dolphins vs. Chiefs Game Moved - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins vs. Chiefs Game Moved

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:01 pm

They should keep the game Sunday, move the game to KC make the chiefs wear white and still call it an away game for them, Miami can wear their pretty aqua marine unis and call it a home game.

Worked out for the Saints right :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:06 pm

Holy Crap!, this makes my day.

There is absolutley nothing better than an NFL game on a Thurs or Fri night, Plus it's sweet because after your players perform Friday night you can make more detailed starting decisions for your players left based off those performances, for Sunday.

Cant wait to go out tomorrow night and get drunk and actually have a game on tv to watch.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Holy Crap!, this makes my day.

There is absolutley nothing better than an NFL game on a Thurs or Fri night, Plus it's sweet because after your players perform Friday night you can make more detailed starting decisions for your players left based off those performances, for Sunday.

Cant wait to go out tomorrow night and get drunk and actually have a game on tv to watch.

Pssst, I feel the same way, but you forgot to add the part at the beginning of your post that says, "I hate for it to happen under these circumstances, and all of our thoughts and prayers are for the people in Florida, but.... (insert your post here)"

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:34 pm

Yes I know, but lets try to think of the positive, to keep everyone's mind away from the threat and anguish at heart.

It seems everyone down there cant get a break, after one hurricane rolls past, another is right behind, it's hard to know how it really feels dealing with such trauma, when isolated up here in the pacific northwest.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby danleroi22 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:35 pm

Lol... we go from football to weather... ;-D I love it.

But I'm in FL... hope I don't have to leave.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Hate to burst everyone's bubble BUT:

They will NOT televise the game nationally. Even if you have the NFL ticket!!!!! Only KC and Mia will see the game live. They will play a taped version of the game on the ticket on Sunday morning!!! They did it a few years ago when the dolphins game was moved up. You will NOT see it Live.....

In case you dont beleive me here ya go:

The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast.

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons [which means Friday night and Saturday]," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:24 pm

That's retarded. This is exactly why the NFL should play a primetime game as many days of the week as possible. Look how many people want to watch it...but no, they want to d**k around with regional telecasts. I don't care if it was frickin Houston against Cleveland, on any given day of the week, they'd draw a bigger audience than Jesus v. Satan in the 7th game of the World Series.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Lung » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 pm

I'll just do like I do for Sunday night games. I'll sit at my computer and watch the NFL Gamecenter - that's what Thiesman and McGuire have reduced me to.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby drsteuss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:30 am

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons [which means Friday night and Saturday]," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

What a bunch of hypocritical jackasses. Last I checked, the NFL has no problem playing the occasional Thursday night game. And what do they think the Thanksgiving games conflict with? The NFL is by far the most popular sport in America. Why is the league so gung ho about p---ing people off?

Let me decide what I want to watch, Tags, you pathetic lawyer.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Dude » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:04 am

Seriously? They're not televising this?

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

:-t Screw you for ruining my day NFL.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk