Houston Will Win - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Houston Will Win

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby houstonoilers » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:46 pm

I dont agree w/ giving up on Carr. The LARGEST problem we have is his blind side. I like what they did against Seattle on offense but to simply slap an offensive line together and expect minimal penalties is obsurd. I think Carr has the talent and I think he can really become a very good QB. I would also like to mention that the Texans made another great move in signing Tony Boselli...yeah he never took a snap ;-D .
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:20 pm

Yes Houston will win, eventually. I don't think you can really judge Carr. He's never had a line to give him much time to make his reads and throw the ball.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby octagon999 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:31 pm

I think we should take Leinart if we can get him, and shop Carr. He's better than some other QBs out there. Then, like someone said, load up on OL and do whatever we have to, through trades or whatever, to get some muscle on that line.

Oh, and GO COLT 45's!
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:47 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:
logan wrote:Sun 1/1 at San Francisco

thats the game they win.

That's going to be a game both teams are trying to lose if you ask me. 0-15 against 1-14.

It'll be a battle for number one draft position.... That's for sure....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:03 pm

When I saw this title I thought we were talking about the World Series. I forgot they have a football team there as well....I bet they are making headline news now just like the Bears are in Chicago!
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm

If there was ever a lopsided matchup this year, it's Indy vs. Houston. Sure no team is ever out, but even in the NFL whether the elites face the bottom dwellers, its like the school bullies playing against kids who ride the short bus.

Houston's offense will pick it up by about the 4th quarter me thinks. By then, Indy should have such a lead, they'll be fielding a 2nd-string defense.

I do hope they don't end up with the #1 overall. If they don't, perhaps they'll finally invest in some quality OL picks instead of finding a scapegoat in Carr.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonoilers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:10 pm

Dont worry Maddog60 if Houston gets the first pick and they have the same staff we will waste it on some blow joe Division 3A running back. If you are going to pick a defensive player at least go after Derek Johnson.....geez. Peek, Davis and Johnson have been there best picks....I like Gaffney also btu give these guys the basic tools to succeed.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:13 pm

Texans need to bring back Warren Moon and Haywood Jeffries and Webster Slaughter and maybe they have a shot against the Colts.

If they get the #1 pick I definetely think they should do what San Diego did a few years ago with Eli. Trade that #1 to the team that wants Lienart for a boatload of draft picks. Besides offensive lineman they need another WR to take all the coverage off AJ and some defensive playmakers.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:49 am

moonhead wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Texan's should try to trade Buchannon + picks to the Charger's for Rivers. SD loves crappy cornerbacks.

why would they want another qb? that's not what the texans need.

Carr is done. His career was over before it started, just like Patrick Ramsey...

he is serviceable. he's not montana, but he is not the problem with that offense.

Yeah. Put Manning in that offense and he'd be better, but still not in the playoffs. Put Brady in and they'd be only slightly better. Carr's not a top QB, but he's certainly good enough to be a starter in the league. It's not his fault his line can't block a damn. I watched the SEA game and it was pathetic.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:24 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Demented Avenger wrote:
logan wrote:Sun 1/1 at San Francisco

thats the game they win.

That's going to be a game both teams are trying to lose if you ask me. 0-15 against 1-14.

It'll be a battle for number one draft position.... That's for sure....

You can't count the Vikes out of it! We're still 4-1 ya know.

The crappiest part about it is that we were supposed to contend for the NFC championship this year, at least most people expected the Texans to suck again. I think the Vikes take the honor of the most embarrassing franchise to be a fan of, especially with these off-field problems. The team's made two of the worst trades in history, one to get a "great" player (Herschel Walker) and one getting rid of a great player.

But yeah, njot to hijack the thread.

The Texans definitely have some talent on the team. Domanic has had some great games and is producing behind that horrible offensive line. Andre Johnson is a WR with a ton of talent. He has the size and the speed to be an elite WR in the NFL, he just needs the offensive line to get Carr some time to get him the ball. I am one who still believe Carr is a decent QB, he just never has the chance to throw it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk