Number of teams for our Fantasy playoffs....help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Number of teams for our Fantasy playoffs....help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:24 pm

I prefer less teams making it into the playoffs that way you get rewarded for having a good team and a good record. This also prevents a medicore team from sneaking into the playoffs and having a lucky week or two and beating you.

I also like the idea of having 6 teams because that way you reward the divison winners with a bye. That makes the regular season actually count...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:28 pm

dream_017 wrote:I am a big fan of 6 teams. The 2 division winners get a bye. Then 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. The winners advance to play 1/2 then the winners play in the championship. Weeks 14, 15 and 16 are used.

what he said.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:52 pm

The most i would use is half the league. In your case 6.

Giving the top two seeds byes in round one. I have always liked this format.

I don't like the 4 team playoff.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:21 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I prefer less teams making it into the playoffs that way you get rewarded for having a good team and a good record. This also prevents a medicore team from sneaking into the playoffs and having a lucky week or two and beating you.

I also like the idea of having 6 teams because that way you reward the divison winners with a bye. That makes the regular season actually count...

This gets a second from me! ;-D Normally, the "cream rises to the top" in fantasy, so having less is better in order to give those teams a reward. I would suggest either four or six teams at most.

If you let in more, it sets up chances for random teams that have good matchups to run off some games to get the title. I suppose a lot of guys find that exciting in their leagues, and that's why they do it. So, it probably depends on the owners in your league. I would probably ask them what they think before you set it in stone, but I would suggest four or six. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk