Who will the Houston Texans use the #1 draft pick on? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Who will the Houston Texans use the #1 draft pick on?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:01 pm

I would think that SF still takes a RB. To me looks like the team that is bad with the most need at QB are the Cards
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:13 am

If SF got the first or second pick I'm pretty confident Reggie Bush will be their pick. I don't think Gore will ever be anything special, maybe a change of pace back for Bush as he's yet to prove he can carry the ball 20+ times a game.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:02 am

The Lung wrote:If Houston trades down, San Francisco would almost certainly not take a QB such as Leinart (they just drafted Alex Smith) or a running back, as they they just drafted Frank Gore. I would think SF would go with a o-lineman over a defensive player or a WR, and D'Brickshaw is reportedly the top offensive lineman.

No way in hell the Niners pass on Reggie Bush if he's still on the board at number 2... NO WAY IN HELL....

I see the Texans trading the #1 to a team in desperate need of QB or one with an aging QB that needs replacing (maybe Buffalo, the Jets, Miami, Kansas City, Oakland, Dallas, Baltimore, etc...)

With any luck they trade the pick to another team that also has a top 5 pick (possibly the Jets, Buffalo, or Baltimore) and they can still pick up D'Brickashaw Ferguson... Otherwise, they'll get PAID huge for the pick, and pick up a guy like Winston (Miami) with whatever first round pick they acquire....

If they trade away to a team like Miami, who will have a mid-to-low draft position, I think they get a first and a second this year, a first next year, and perhaps even an aging defensive stud like Zach Thomas.... I mean, it's been a long time since a QB as highly touted as Lienart was available....

Let's assume they go that route...

Then I see them taking Winston in the first, and a QB like Drew Stanton in the second along with another lineman.... They have to have some insurance for the fact that perhaps David Carr really IS the problem.... So they'll get their linemen, but I see them going QB early, as well...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:16 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Then I see them taking Winston in the first, and a QB like Drew Stanton in the second along with another lineman....

Stanton's only a JR though, and I have caught no mentioning of him leaving early. Rumors I have caught in MSU circles is he wants one last chance at Michigan.

I would take that with a grain of salt though, he could still be bitter about losing to them again.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:27 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Then I see them taking Winston in the first, and a QB like Drew Stanton in the second along with another lineman....

Stanton's only a JR though, and I have caught no mentioning of him leaving early. Rumors I have caught in MSU circles is he wants one last chance at Michigan.

I would take that with a grain of salt though, he could still be bitter about losing to them again.

If he keeps up the season he's having, and continues to lead the nation in passing efficiency, he'd be a fool not to come out, now...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:33 am

Unlike last year, there will be plenty of teams willing to trade for the #1 pick to grab Leinhart.

Regardless of how many games you think they will win, it is way too early to just assume Houston and San Franciso will be #1-#2. There are just too many crappy teams out there (like the whole NFC north).
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:41 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

If he keeps up the season he's having, and continues to lead the nation in passing efficiency, he'd be a fool not to come out, now...

Yeah, I am not disagreeing with you in the least...Just going by what I have read. From an MSU standpoint it will be painful seeing him go, he is certainly a lot of fun to watch play...and he's a bit of an injury risk, so he could lose value next year if he stayed.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:51 pm

Ferguson is one of those rare OLmen who are worthy of a #1 overall pick, like Orlando Pace was, and even Robert Gallery (even though he went #2, he was worthy of a #1 pick).

I think that they won't trade down, because I can't see ferguson falling out of the top 3 or so.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:58 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Ferguson is one of those rare OLmen who are worthy of a #1 overall pick, like Orlando Pace was, and even Robert Gallery (even though he went #2, he was worthy of a #1 pick).

I think that they won't trade down, because I can't see ferguson falling out of the top 3 or so.

Depends on who has the number 2 and number 3 picks.... Very few of the teams in the running for top draft pick in 2006 are in a position to pass up on Leinart or Bush....

If Green Bay ends up with a top 3 pick, though, Houston MAY have to take Ferguson first overall....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to College Football