Greatest Fantasy Football Performance You've Ever Seen? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greatest Fantasy Football Performance You've Ever Seen?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Greatest Fantasy Football Performance You've Ever Seen?

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:47 am

Jason X wrote:Hey guys, I was just thinking tonight about some of the greatest fantasy football performances ever. I've only been playing for 4 years so my knowledge does not go as way back as some of you grizzled guys.

But I am curious to hear about some of the greatest single player (or defensive) performances fantasy wise that you have seen. I know there are a variety of scoring systems so maybe one guy absolutley blew away the league do to acheiving whatever.

I remember in our basic scoring high school league some years back, that Jimmy Smith pulled out a Monster 42 point game, and then so far this year LT2 and SA have put together some great games.

I'm interested to hear your stories.

When Jamal Lewis broke the single game rushing record against Cleveland a few years back he had some SERIOUS numbers...

I believe it was Shaun Alexander who had a 5 TD performance on a Sunday night game the year before that....

And I seem to remember a game in the same year as Jamal broke the rushing record that Clinton Portis went off (I think against Kansas City) for 5 TD's, as well....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:54 am

My most memorable performance was Clinton Portis' 5 TD game. I was facing him.

The same week, Jeff Garcia went for 6 TDs and I started him against Portis.

Garcia's line was 19 of 28 for 252 yards and 4 TDs...5 rushes for 32 yards and 2 TDs. 6 TDs for Jeff Garcia. The 49ers won 50-14.

I eeked out a win and my opponent went bonkers.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:12 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:My most memorable performance was Clinton Portis' 5 TD game. I was facing him.

The same week, Jeff Garcia went for 6 TDs and I started him against Portis.

Garcia's line was 19 of 28 for 252 yards and 4 TDs...5 rushes for 32 yards and 2 TDs. 6 TDs for Jeff Garcia. The 49ers won 50-14.

I eeked out a win and my opponent went bonkers.

My brother started Portis and Garcia that week.... He busted 200 points....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:17 am

heh i remember that game. i was going to see the kc baltimore game that day and my comish in one of my leagues who i was with dropped him that day. we were watching the stat line outside the stadium. i was still making fun of him a week later.

anyways to add one that no one has mentioned was joe horn vs the giants

133yds 4td's and a cell phone. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:40 am

Jimboozie wrote:The biggest game I have ever got out of a fantasy player was last years Drew Bennett MNF explosion.

He scored 58 points in our leagues system!
12 catches for 233 yards and 3 tds!

Beat me to it! I was down by like 20 or 25 points on Monday night and had just picked Bennett up off the WW the week before. Our whole FF work league (2, 8-team leagues) was having a party and they were all speechless when Bennett had that 3rd TD! That set the pace for my team...ended up winning the whole thing! $450= new stainless steel BBQ!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:48 am

devius wrote:although it wasnt a impressive point wise...i think what LT did last week was pretty impressive all around....1 rushing TD 1 recieving TD 1 passing TD. man this guy is just good all around. i cant think of another complete player. all he needed to do was maybe kick a field goal.

Ask and you may receive! The local sports radio talked with LT this morning and challenged him to try at least a PAT or FG this year...he said he'd talk to Marty about it, but he doubt it would ever happen. If he did get the chance, LT said he'd kick it soccer-style! He did, after all, win the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition when he was younger!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:52 am

I know a guy who started Holmes and Blaylock that week that they each scored 4 TDs against the Falcons last year. It was a really deep league that started 3 flex as well as 2 RB so it made sense for him. Talk about annihilation…… :-o
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby biju » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:56 am

daullaz wrote:SA's 5 TD game on Sunday night a few years back.

Not only was I at the actual game, but I was down on the field when the "quick 3 TDs" happened. You do need to remember that he scored those 5 TDs all in the first half as well. Not that it matters fantasy-wise, but it does show that he had the ability (if the Hawks hadn't changed their gameplan) to do a lot more damage.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:06 am

footballchick23 wrote:
devius wrote:although it wasnt a impressive point wise...i think what LT did last week was pretty impressive all around....1 rushing TD 1 recieving TD 1 passing TD. man this guy is just good all around. i cant think of another complete player. all he needed to do was maybe kick a field goal.

Ask and you may receive! The local sports radio talked with LT this morning and challenged him to try at least a PAT or FG this year...he said he'd talk to Marty about it, but he doubt it would ever happen. If he did get the chance, LT said he'd kick it soccer-style! He did, after all, win the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition when he was younger!

IF San Diego ever gets a last minute touchdown to put a game out of reach, like say up by 21 points with 10 seconds on the clock, I think Marty would let him give it a shot....
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:06 am

The best fatasy performance by a guy on my team was Joe Horn's 4 TD explosion in '03. That was the cell phone game too, I think.

And then earlier in '03 I was facing Manning when he went off for 313 and 6.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk