Dr. Emmett Portis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dr. Emmett Portis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dr. Emmett Portis?

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:51 am

Haha, I saw this article and thought I should post it. Hopefully for you Portis owners it will come true this week. ;-D

Fanball via Yahoo! Sports wrote:Where's the flux capacitor? Portis stars in 'Back to the End Zone'

By JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer
October 21, 2005
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- With wild gray hair and weird black glasses, Clinton Portis looked like Doc Brown from ``Back to the Future.''

Really.

The flamboyant Washington Redskins running back topped himself at his weekly meeting with the media Thursday, wearing a huge wig and rectangular-lensed, sci-fi glasses that hung about three inches in front of his eyes.

``I didn't get my hair styled today,'' Portis said. ``I actually stuck my hand in a socket and this is the way it turned out.''

And what about the glasses?

``Going through my play book, I'm looking for the plays that can get me in the end zone, so I'm really trying hard,'' Portis said. ``Actually my eyes haven't been working that good.''

Did he realized that he looked like Brown, the time-machine creator portrayed by Christopher Lloyd in the three ``Back to the Future'' movies in the 1980s?

``You know, he figured out everything,'' Portis said. ``Like I told you, I'm trying to figure out a way to get into the end zone.''

This was the third time in recent weeks that Portis has sported unusual eyewear for his weekly chat with reporters. He wore protective goggles one week, then followed the next week with oversized, retro, mahogany-colored sunglasses because he wanted a ``Hollywood'' look.

So, is all this an attempt to keep a sense of humor, given he's yet to score a touchdown all season?

``Well,'' Portis said, ``I might as well keep a sense of humor because if I leave it up to you all, you're going to run me into the ground, drive me crazy. The last two weeks we haven't won, so now it's becoming a problem. When you're winning, it really don't matter, but when you're not winning, it becomes a problem. We've lost our last two games, and I've got to find a way to get in the end zone.''

The Redskins (3-2) haven't scored a rushing TD this year. Portis hasn't scored one in seven games. That's a change of pace for a player who scored 29 in two seasons with Denver before coming to Washington.

Portis also has only one run of 21 yards or longer, and he's been banged up the last couple of weeks. He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday with a sore calf, but he's not yet ready to sit out a game. He's listed as probable for Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

``Everybody wants to sit out and heal up, but you want to be on the field with your teammates,'' Portis said. ``We've got something good going on with this organization right now. I really don't want to miss that. I feel like they need me out there, and I feel like, even with my injury, I can do enough, so I want to be out there.''

Meanwhile, back to the hair. Say, Clinton, do you suppose you can get quarterback Mark Brunell to wear a wig?

``He actually has on a wig now,'' Portis said. ``You thought that was his hair. He's actually gone bald at the top.''

I got this screenshot from the Redskins official site...

ImageImage

BAHAHAHAHA! Portis freaking rules. :-b :-b ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:20 am

And we thought Ricky Williams was weird for wearing his football helmet during interviews? :-? :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:22 am

Thats some funny stuff right there!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevininvegas » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:23 am

Gee, "What a prankster". Now get your sorry ass in the End Zone sometime this year you sorry excuse for an early 2nd round pick.
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby logan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:20 am

portis always had had a weird sense of humor . he is like the andre 3000 of the nfl. i hated the guy when he was with the broncos but he always did make me laugh.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The_Dude » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:53 am

Great Scott!

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:13 am

Yo if you want to see the funny as heck interview head to redskins.com and on the front page you can click on Clinton Portis oct 20th in the redskins tv window. Last week he had freak glasses but this week it was awesome... He's great.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:37 am

SniperShot wrote:Yo if you want to see the funny as heck interview head to redskins.com and on the front page you can click on Clinton Portis oct 20th in the redskins tv window. Last week he had freak glasses but this week it was awesome... He's great.

Yeah, that's where I got the screenshots from. :-b

It is a decent interview...it's just that he's wearing a wig and a magnifying visor. :*)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:13 pm

hmm, sell, sell, sell
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:59 pm

Hes one funny dude. Not many people would do that, but well worth the laugh.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk