Just drafted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just drafted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just drafted

Postby Bubba08 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:13 am

I just got my team this morning off an automated draft format in a 12-deep league. What do you guys think? I am really happy but I just want to know what you guys say...

QB- Donovan Mcnabb (round 2)
QB- Tim Couch (round 12)
RB- Eddie George (round 1)
RB- Edgerrin James (round 3)
RB- Corey Dillon (round 6)
WR- Joe Horn (round 4)
WR-Tim Brown (round 5)
WR- Peerless Price (round 7)
TE- Jeremey Shockey (round 9)
TE- Mikchael Ricks (round 14)
Def- Bears (round 8)
Def- Raiders (round 11)
K- Sebastion Janikowski (round 10)
K- Phil Dawson (round 13)

- IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHERE I MAY NEED TO TRADE TO STRENGTHEN I THINK I COULD EVEN GET A BETTER TEAM BUT I FEEL CONFIDENT AT EVERY POSITION EXCEPT BACKUP TE. B-)
Bubba08

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:37 am

Auto-drafts are always tough; often, you can be happy if you come out of the draft not having taken QBs with your first three picks... In your case, the round-by-round position distribution seems to have worked out rather well.

One minor tweak that I'd consider would be dropping your substitute te and/or k, and using the extra roster spots for sleeper rb/wrs. When your starters have a bye, you can always find a replacement on the wire, and an extra rb can make a huge difference.

Nice team!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bubba08 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:25 pm

I didn't even realize we could do that till you said that... I just waived my 2nd string TE and put in for Clinton Portis off waivers. I figure he is going to be nasty runnning behind Denver's line and if I have him for support I can trade either Dillon or James and get an upgrade at WR. The only other question I have is which kicker to release. Janikowski has a crazy leg but he's been awful in preseason meaning he's not getting over his inconsistency troubles. Dawson is supposed to be extremely accurate yet doesn't kick any over 50 yards and will probably have less xtra points being on the Browns. I don't know what to do there. Because it also looks like the Browns will have a good enough offense to move the ball but not enough of a running game to punch it in which will give him alot of fg opportunities.
Bubba08

Postby slowkidz » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:22 pm

Dawson isn't a bad catch. I think he should do well this year. It is all about opportunity with Kickers and he should have plenty. They may not get a lot of TDs, but you're right about the FGs. And, if I remember correctly, in 2000, Matt Stover led the Kickers in pts because he kicked mad FGs, due to the Ravens poor offense. They hardly got a TD, but he must have made 3-4 FGs a game!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:28 pm

nice team! am i missing sumthing? how did corey dillon slip into the 6th frickin round???

Postby Bubba08 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:22 am

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW SLIPPED DOWN TO THE SIXTH ROUND BUT LUCKY FOR ME HE DID I GOT 3 OF THE TOP 6 RB'S I HAD RANKED. I READ SOMETHING THAT SAID THAT CINNCINATTI HAS THE BEST LINE THEY HAVE EVER HAD THIS YEAR AND THEY ARE LOOKING TO GET DILLON UP IN THE 1500 TO 1600 YARD RANGE THIS YEAR FOR THEM TO COMPETE. ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR QB AND RECEIVER WOES I LIKE THAT ALOT. I THINK HE HAS THE SIZE AND TOUGHBESS TO TAKE THE POUNDING TOO.
Bubba08

Postby Arlo » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:28 am

I'm guessing that 6th round pick is due to the auto-draft. Even if other teams don't make major mistakes, you can get some pretty weird configurations...

If you can land Portis as well, this team should be stellar. You may not even need to shop a rusher for a wr - your receiving corps looks fine as it stands.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bubba08 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:43 am

Just a brainstorm would it be smart to try and get another superstar at receiver by trading a team with questionable running backs eddgerin James and Tim Brown for Marvin Harrison??
Bubba08

Return to Football Talk