Calling all Bengals Fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Calling all Bengals Fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Calling all Bengals Fans

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:35 pm

C'mon Guys! Anybody excited about the game this weekend???

Carson will pillage and destroy that weak Pitt secondary and if our shaky run D can hold down the Bus, Natti is well on its way to a AFC North title.

Can I hear a Who Dey!!! }:-) ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Re: Calling all Bengals Fans

Postby dave416 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:34 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:C'mon Guys! Anybody excited about the game this weekend???

Carson will pillage and destroy that weak Pitt secondary and if our shaky run D can hold down the Bus, Natti is well on its way to a AFC North title.

Can I hear a Who Dey!!! }:-) ;-D

6-1, here we come! ;-D

I usually get the Pitt/Cincy games in Philly, but since Philly plays an AFC team, that game is on CBS instead of Cincy. :-t :-t
I have only gotten to see the Jax game live so far.

I guess I'll have my eyes on Gamecenter again. Who DEY! ;-D
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby BadgerBengal » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:37 am

I'm fired up for todays game but dont get too overconfident yet. Lets wait to see how the Bengals D does against the run.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iuprell67 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:28 pm

Im still waiting for the Bungils to destroy the Steelers. You are living in a dream world buddy. Bengils are young yet. They have a good start to build a good team, but they are far away from that yet. Better luck next time. Get em next year.

Signed,

Mr Pittsburgh Steeler
iuprell67
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby black_hawk8888 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Tough day guys. The unfortunate thing is that Roethlisberger will be touted as much better than Palmer. Steelers are so much better in every aspect of the game that Palmer has to be perfect. Burger rides his D and the running game. I knew it was over after we choked on the first drive. Young team is emotionally fragile - oh well, the future is bright - we limited them on offense and played well on special teams. Palmer had one bad throw and one crappy bounce.
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby dave416 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:44 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:Tough day guys. The unfortunate thing is that Roethlisberger will be touted as much better than Palmer. Steelers are so much better in every aspect of the game that Palmer has to be perfect. Burger rides his D and the running game. I knew it was over after we choked on the first drive. Young team is emotionally fragile - oh well, the future is bright - we limited them on offense and played well on special teams. Palmer had one bad throw and one crappy bounce.

We are gonna be good...really good eventually. Forget about this one and focus on GB next week. If you told me that we would have a shot at 6-3 or hopefully 7-2 at the bye, I think we all would have gladly taken it. ;-D
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby benjapage » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:24 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:Tough day guys. The unfortunate thing is that Roethlisberger will be touted as much better than Palmer. Steelers are so much better in every aspect of the game that Palmer has to be perfect. Burger rides his D and the running game. I knew it was over after we choked on the first drive. Young team is emotionally fragile - oh well, the future is bright - we limited them on offense and played well on special teams. Palmer had one bad throw and one crappy bounce.

i think special teams was kind of a letdown, frankly. graham missing that kick...and one of the other kicks was poorly snapped! seemed like every punt and kickoff was reeeally short.

again, however, the primary detractory theme is poor tackling. no opponent should ever bother to pass. just run the ball. and now our defense is even more banged up...madieu out for the season! i think the road's about to get a lot tougher. i'm bracing myself for some hard times in the near future.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:06 am

I was actually impressed with the tackling compared to the Jacksonville game. Much improved IMO. I thought the defense did pretty well considering the turnovers and short field it had to work with (Pittsburgh had an average starting spot of their own 45 I think). The offense choked and I put it on the coaching and offensive line. Poor playcalling - never did we see Palmer take one shot deep down the field to stretch the D part of that was due to the fact that he didn't have enough time in the 2nd half to do so. In order to make the playoffs and win, we have to develop a smashmouth attitude on defense and open the playbook a bit more on O.....

When CJ's TD was called back, Henry dropped 6, and Graham missed the FG I knew it was over :,-(
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:20 pm

Tough loss. I got frustrated at the game and proceeded to imbibe too many $6.00 beers. So, not only was I feeling rough over the loss to the Steelers Monday morning, but I also had a pounding headache at work. We should've run the ball more, and some better execution could've made it a different game. Still, the Steelers won and have the bragging rights currently. I can't wait to play them again this year. We are a better team than we showed on Sunday. We are going to have to learn to stop the run though, or there will continue to be limitations to our potential. Still though, I'm optomistic about this team.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby benjapage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:40 pm

losing madieu hurts worse than most people are acknowledging. i maintain that poor tackling is at the center of our poor run defense. we have tons of guys making early contact, only to slip harmlessly into the runner's wake.

if you can touch 'em, tackle 'em.

obviously, it's harder for the bengals to run the ball when playing from behind early in games. the clock becomes too much of an issue.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Cincinnati Bengals