Tony Moss article on Tice & Capers......... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tony Moss article on Tice & Capers.........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tony Moss article on Tice & Capers.........

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:39 pm

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:54 pm

For the sake of football I hope he's right. Capers and Tice are two fo the worst coaches in the league, and even if it means the Vikings become a threat in the NFC, I'd like to see Tice gone, he's just awful.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:02 pm

maddog60 wrote:For the sake of football I hope he's right. Capers and Tice are two fo the worst coaches in the league, and even if it means the Vikings become a threat in the NFC, I'd like to see Tice gone, he's just awful.

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is, that there are no worse adjectives that we can use to describr this man's lack of talent as a coach. Awful, terrible, and horrible just don't cut it anymore. Can anyone think of a better way to describe this guy?
I'll leave Capers alone because of the "fairly new franchise thing".

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:48 pm

If Cam Cameron leaves SD we'll be toast...someone has to be the voice of reason to Marty's insanity!

I don't feel as strongly about Capers being a bad coach as Tice. That franchise has done nothing to build that team up...starting with getting Carr some semblance of an o-line!

Tice has obviously lost any sort of repsect from his players. They signed all those defensive FA's trying to build up the defense and they're worse than last year! You can come up with excuses: Moss is gone, the OC is gone, Birk is out, blah, blah, blah...we've all heard that argument before....but even last year...8-8 and lose to GB in the playoffs? This is a long time coming. Tice has worn out his welcome in MIN for sure...if Zygi doesn't get rid of him, I'm sure the residents of Minnesota glady will!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonoilers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:12 pm

I know its not a good move to bring in a Head Coach in the middle of the season. My question for Houston is what would it hurt. I think Tice should hold his job though till the end of the season because the Vikes really do have the talent to turn it around....thats whats sad in there case. I love the article and I know you dont want to hear this FootballChick but I would love to have Cam here. Martys goofy arse would run the ball on every 3 and long call if he could Cam is really a difference maker there.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:38 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:For the sake of football I hope he's right. Capers and Tice are two fo the worst coaches in the league, and even if it means the Vikings become a threat in the NFC, I'd like to see Tice gone, he's just awful.

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is, that there are no worse adjectives that we can use to describr this man's lack of talent as a coach. Awful, terrible, and horrible just don't cut it anymore. Can anyone think of a better way to describe this guy?
I'll leave Capers alone because of the "fairly new franchise thing".

Useless?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:41 pm

houstonoilers wrote:I love the article and I know you dont want to hear this FootballChick but I would love to have Cam here. Martys goofy arse would run the ball on every 3 and long call if he could Cam is really a difference maker there.

No kidding! Cam is a stud...I attribute any bad play calling to Marty because he doesn't have the best track record and he's pretty much just a schmuck! Any team would be lucky to have him!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:11 am

footballchick23 wrote:If Cam Cameron leaves SD we'll be toast...someone has to be the voice of reason to Marty's insanity!

I don't feel as strongly about Capers being a bad coach as Tice. That franchise has done nothing to build that team up...starting with getting Carr some semblance of an o-line!

Tice has obviously lost any sort of repsect from his players. They signed all those defensive FA's trying to build up the defense and they're worse than last year! You can come up with excuses: Moss is gone, the OC is gone, Birk is out, blah, blah, blah...we've all heard that argument before....but even last year...8-8 and lose to GB in the playoffs? This is a long time coming. Tice has worn out his welcome in MIN for sure...if Zygi doesn't get rid of him, I'm sure the residents of Minnesota glady will!
In general, I completely agree with you. There is no excuse for the way the Vikings are playing this season, and if Tice isn't gone after this year Zygi needs to seriously take a look at how much he wants to win, and how many fans he wants to have.

But I must say...The Vikings BEAT the Packers in the playoffs last year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk