Could Reggie pull a Matt? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Could Reggie pull a Matt?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Could Reggie pull a Matt?

Postby Atog » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:50 pm

With the way Matt Lienart decided to stick at SC for another year, it would not suprise me in the least if Reggie Bush didn't declare himself elgible.
Does anyone else feel the same way?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:07 pm

I certainly don't, Leinart was at least coming back to a loaded team, while USC will be good next year, they won't likely win the national title.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Could Reggie pull a Matt?

Postby Cards24 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:30 pm

Atog wrote:With the way Matt Lienart decided to stick at SC for another year, it would not suprise me in the least if Reggie Bush didn't declare himself elgible.

;-D I really dont think he will declare for the draft. He has the chance to get his stock even higher if he proves that SC can do great things next year without Matt. I also think it will depend how the draft predictions go (what team drafts who).
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Cards24 wrote:
Atog wrote:With the way Matt Lienart decided to stick at SC for another year, it would not suprise me in the least if Reggie Bush didn't declare himself elgible.

;-D I really dont think he will declare for the draft. He has the chance to get his stock even higher if he proves that SC can do great things next year without Matt. I also think it will depend how the draft predictions go (what team drafts who).

How much can he improve his draft spot? From going #2 to #1. And even that is questionable with players like Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson being eligible next year. I don't expect Reggie to come back and if he does IMO it will be a mistake.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:29 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
Cards24 wrote:

How much can he improve his draft spot? From going #2 to #1. And even that is questionable with players like Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson being eligible next year. I don't expect Reggie to come back and if he does IMO it will be a mistake.

Agreed, The soph. class is insane this year. You have Johnson, Peterson and friggen Teddy Ginn. I wouldn't stick around if I was Bush, that's for sure. I heard that AP was staying 4 years so his dad could watch him in College. His father gets out of jail at the end of his Junior season, FYI.

Also, Bush won't go #2 this year. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will. ;-)
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:00 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Also, Bush won't go #2 this year. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will. ;-)

All depends on which team has the selection.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:22 pm

It'd be nice to see what he could do carrying the load himself versus splitting touches with White.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Reggie should stay, all he will be in the NFL is a kick returner...too small if anyone should leave it should be white. He will be very sucessful on sundays.
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 pm

As it stands right now, Reggie is the undisputed #1 RB available... If he stays another year, he runs the risk that Oklahoma gets their act together, and he plays second fiddle to Adrian Peterson in the 2007 draft....

Aside from that, he also runs the risk of injury, AND the possibility that USC suffers a drop-off when Leinart leaves...

All the stars are aligned for him right now to be the first or second overall pick.... I mean, if San Francisco ends up with the first overall pick, he's a lock to be the #1.... Financially speaking, he'd be a fool to go back to USC for another year....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:33 am

BaseballFann0008 wrote:Reggie should stay, all he will be in the NFL is a kick returner...too small if anyone should leave it should be white. He will be very sucessful on sundays.

You're high! He'll have a fine NFL career. By your argument Barry Sanders wouldn't be a good NFL candidate, nor would Walter Payton.

For the record:

Bush: 6'0" 200lbs
Sanders: 5'8" 203lbs
Payton: 5'10" 200lbs
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football