Could Reggie pull a Matt? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Could Reggie pull a Matt?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:04 am

knapplc wrote:For the record:

Bush: 6'0" 200lbs
Sanders: 5'8" 203lbs

There is a huge difference, stature-wise, between 5'8" 203 and 6'0" 200....

Reggie will need to bulk up to about 210-215 if he wants to be an every-down back in the NFL.... I know he'll have a good career as a pass-catching back, regardless, but if he wants to be the kind of back a team builds a franchise around, he's going to have to put on some weight.... 6'0" 200 pounds is WR size....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:17 am

Agreed, but he'll continue to bulk up when he gets to the pros. Counting him out because of his stature at this point is premature, that's all I'm saying.

And Sanders/Payton are actually bad examples since they're from an entirely different era of the NFL, but they were the first ones that came to mind.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:36 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:As it stands right now, Reggie is the undisputed #1 RB available... If he stays another year, he runs the risk that Oklahoma gets their act together, and he plays second fiddle to Adrian Peterson in the 2007 draft....

Aside from that, he also runs the risk of injury, AND the possibility that USC suffers a drop-off when Leinart leaves...

All the stars are aligned for him right now to be the first or second overall pick.... I mean, if San Francisco ends up with the first overall pick, he's a lock to be the #1.... Financially speaking, he'd be a fool to go back to USC for another year....

I agree that he should come out, but the same was said about Leinart last year. San Fran had the first pick and Leinart was a lock to be #1, yet he stayed at USC. Not that Bush and Leinart are the same type of person or player, but Leinart did stay when it made the most sense to go to the NFL.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to College Football