Isn't fantasy football just the craziest game ever??!!?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Isn't fantasy football just the craziest game ever??!!??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Isn't fantasy football just the craziest game ever??!!??

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:00 pm

Fantasy Football is just plain crazy. I have 6 teams. Last week in 1 league, I scored 96 points. Got the loss by 4 to the ONLY team in the 12 person league that could have beat me. This with Moss getting a zero for me which of course could not have been forseen. Same league: 1 owner scored 33 points and won by 6 to the ONLY team in the league that could have beat him/her. The team that scored only 27 obviously isn't playing the game because they had 3 people on their bye weeks and 1 person who's been injured the whole season starting and they haven't changed their lineup once all season. I play anyone else in the league, I win by double digits (would have almost tripled the 33 point winner!!). They play anyone else in the league and they lose by 25+ points! I'm actually doing well in this league so I'm not complaining...just venting. Is that the same thing?!?

Another league I'm in my team isn't doing so well. I'm 2-3 (we started in week 2). I have scored the most points in the entire league but just seem to catch everyone on their best week. I'm 3rd in my 4 team division. The leader of the whole league is 5-0. I've scored almost 200 points more than them, but they've given up almost 200 points less than me.

I love the mind games of trying to figure out who to start each week (even though it's totally frustrating at times). It's so funny because you can go on some opinion forums and get 10 people say "start X" and 10 people say "start Y". I won't stop racking my brains trying to figure out the best matchup, but I'm starting to think that flipping a coin would have the same results!!

Feel free to share some similar stories. I'm sure we all have them!!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Boot » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:09 pm

Every year I get killed by injuries, and it's really starting to frustrate me. What pisses me off is that there are 3-4 people who NEVER lose players to injury. They cruise through every year while my players constantly just drop off like flies. I swear I have the worst luck.
Boot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting