Opinions on Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions on Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinions on Ronnie Brown

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:02 pm

What is everybodys opinions on Ronnie? Should he be traded now? I personally think he still some value left considering, Ricky has been horrible so far.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:21 pm

Ricky is threatening for the starting job right now as much as LaDanian's back-up.

Still, Brown is far from a solid #2 fantasy back. Maybe a bye week plug-in at this point.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:24 pm

while rickey certainly isnt performing well, he is a heck of alot more threatening than any other back-up in the league, for a variety of reasons.

1. i think hes still on that big-ass contract of his.
2. he lead this league in rushing and carries a time or 2.
3. he can pick up NFL blitzs.

and most importantly

3. He only had 1 less carry than Ronnie this week.

that tells me that while his numbers have been rubbish so far, he is getting as much of an opportunity as the so called 'starter'. id be worried and would be selling Ronnie Brown in every league that isnt a keeper league.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:31 pm

if its a keeper league I would hold onto him.....if its not then I would trade him, if possible
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:57 pm

I just dropped him, but only because A. Green was on the WW.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:00 am

One important thing to remember is that Saban has spoken out that he doesn't think RBBC is necessarily the best solution throughout the course of the game, or the season. As he put it, whoever has the "hot hand" is who will get more carries.

That's good news for Ronnie Brown and his owners.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:09 am

GMoney wrote:while rickey certainly isnt performing well, he is a heck of alot more threatening than any other back-up in the league, for a variety of reasons.

1. i think hes still on that big-ass contract of his.
2. he lead this league in rushing and carries a time or 2.
3. he can pick up NFL blitzs.

and most importantly

3. He only had 1 less carry than Ronnie this week.

that tells me that while his numbers have been rubbish so far, he is getting as much of an opportunity as the so called 'starter'. id be worried and would be selling Ronnie Brown in every league that isnt a keeper league.

I agree with that. Just as name players command value in fantasy sports, Ricky being a name player certainly helps his chances for playing time. I think Ricky will be given every opportunity to get a good amount of PT and should end up doing so. Coaches always seem to trust experienced vets like Ricky, even if he smokes a whole lot of weed.

I would trade Brown if his value is high now. I smell an RBBC all the way through. I find it hard to believe that they'd just leave Ricky sitting on the bench for most of games.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby dorje3 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:18 am

As high as Brown's value is right now, he is almost impossible to sell. Even those stoned all the time are aware of Ricky's return.

You will have to sell him for less than he is worth. For that reason, the best strategy is to sit on him and hope that there was a good reason he was drafted with the number two pick.
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:33 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I just dropped him, but only because A. Green was on the WW.

Ouch!

I think Brown is quietly rounding into form as the Cadillac is getting a little beat up. I see Brown closing the gap on the rookie RB fantasy champ.

I think last weeks game showed that Brown deserves more carries. He's a big time threat and can wear teams down. He hasn't quite broken thru to my #2 on any team (or my important one), but he is very close.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:43 am

dorje3 wrote:As high as Brown's value is right now, he is almost impossible to sell. Even those stoned all the time are aware of Ricky's return.

You will have to sell him for less than he is worth. For that reason, the best strategy is to sit on him and hope that there was a good reason he was drafted with the number two pick.

I tend to agree with this... I think the only trade you might be able to make is to or with the Ricky owner... I own Ricky, and I'd probably sell him to the Ronnie owner for pretty cheap right now.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Next

Return to Football Talk