Opinions on Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions on Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:47 pm

Why drop the guy? He's a very solid #3 RB to fill in during bye weeks, and insurance should one of your starters get injured. I would only expect his value to increase as Ricky does nothing and Ronnie proves he warranted that #2 overall selection.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 pm

As much talent as Ricky has, it's difficult to hang onto the guy right now with Brown running so well. Ricky would probably benefit from a) 15+ carries and b) not having jailbreaks in his face whenever he gets the ball. Two of the eight or so carries from the last game highlighted this jailbreak scenario. If the OL can't stop the rush, of course Ricky's numbers will look bad.

I'm feeling that if Ricky is your 4th or 5th option, you can sit on him. If you've lost Deuce and Antowain Smith is your RB2, (ahem!) you may need to make a grab for Tony Fisher to get some results. Sometimes what you feel should happen in the NFL just doesn't happen.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

response

Postby bruuno2 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:54 pm

You wouldn't believe the offers coming in for Ronnie Brown as of late.He really could blossum into something special.I'm hoping!!!!!
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 pm

GMoney wrote:1. i think hes still on that big-ass contract of his.

Ricky is playing for the veteran minimum.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:08 pm

its tough.

ronnie is producing, ricky has produced, but is a stoner idiot. he also looks way skinnier than he has in the past.

It is in the dolphins interest to have both of them be worth something, except ricky looks pretty bad right now.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:12 pm

what about giving away jimmy smith for ronnie?
ThunderSnarfer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:04 pm

DGroundhog wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I just dropped him, but only because A. Green was on the WW.

Ouch!

I think Brown is quietly rounding into form as the Cadillac is getting a little beat up. I see Brown closing the gap on the rookie RB fantasy champ.

I think last weeks game showed that Brown deserves more carries. He's a big time threat and can wear teams down. He hasn't quite broken thru to my #2 on any team (or my important one), but he is very close.

You're tellin' me man. :~( :-P

REAL Good move on my part. By-God Geeny-us I am. !+)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:42 pm

Ronnie Brown turned the corner after that week 3 game where he had his first long run. Ever since then, he has looked very strong running the ball, and he could be a stud if put into the right system IMO. Next year maybe.

Problem is, Ricky Williams is snaking a few series here and there. And more importantly, Miami is not a very good football team in general right now. Sure they are still in the AFC East race right now, but that conference has turned surprisingly weak this season. Miami's O-line is not very strong, and their QB is prone to mistakes, and the running game suffers. You just have to hope that their defense can beat up whoever they face so they can get those 25-30 carries as a team. Then Ronnie might get 15-20 and be a solid producer.

Right now, Ronnie Brown makes a decent FLEX RB, or a RB#2 when he has a matchup. But I'm not really liking that schedule anyways.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:34 pm

Another factor to take into account is that the Dolphins have about the best running schedule the rest of the year. Meaning that the collective average of all the run D's they are going against the rest of the year are about the weakest of any team.

Ronnie should benefit from that as long as he is still the featured back.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby typhus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:06 pm

For Brown owners in keeper leagues,,, does anyone know the status of Ricky Williams contract with Miami?
typhus
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk