Opinions on Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions on Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby scb175 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:22 pm

You guys act like you dont smoke weed....

Why does every reference to Ricky Williams have 'stoner' in it? Th entire NFL smokes that for cripes sake. He's just one of the few who have been caught. WTF is wrong with you people?
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby niners4life » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:38 pm

scb175 wrote:You guys act like you dont smoke weed....

Why does every reference to Ricky Williams have 'stoner' in it? Th entire NFL smokes that for cripes sake. He's just one of the few who have been caught. WTF is wrong with you people?

Well, I get your point. HOWEVER, Ricky Williams was one of the dumb ones who gave up MILLIONS OF DOLLARS so he can continue to smoke it. I don't know about you; If I was given the option between smoking weed and stop smoking to get MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, I would go with the ladder. But that's just me.......
niners4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:57 pm

I think it's Ronnie's job there is Miami. Ricky has done nothing, and looks like he wont do anything, to take Ronnie Brown's job away.

Personaly I picked him up in my 8-team money league. I have Jamal and can't take his 1 and 2 yard carries anymore. My other is Mike Anderson and I don't like the RB situation in Denver. This left me to pick up what I saw as the most playable running back on the WW. Which was Ronnie Brown. He done pretty well, and should continue. I'm gonna use him as an occasional #2 back (depending on matchups) and a bye week filler.

He is not bad, I would'nt drop him. Can't say about a trade, that all depends on what you get in return ;-)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Bmonkey » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:09 am

you guys are acting like Ronnie is producing great... he's not bad but week 6 he had 9 rushes for 22 yds... thats crap... and if you take away his 65 yd bulldoze last week near end of the game... he would've only had 30 yds off 7 carries..

this week could be the turning point for Ricky I think... they are playing NO who is awful in the run so both should find plenty of room to run finally... if ricky busts some nice ones this week.... you'll all be questioning yourself again on this stupid RBBC we have going... this week could only make it worse
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:11 am

Bmonkey wrote:you guys are acting like Ronnie is producing great... he's not bad but week 6 he had 9 rushes for 22 yds... thats crap... and if you take away his 65 yd bulldoze last week near end of the game... he would've only had 30 yds off 7 carries..

this week could be the turning point for Ricky I think... they are playing NO who is awful in the run so both should find plenty of room to run finally... if ricky busts some nice ones this week.... you'll all be questioning yourself again on this stupid RBBC we have going... this week could only make it worse

7 for 30 is still > 4 ypc. And I believe that you can't take the long runs away from a RB because all of them get them. They might not get one every game, but they get them none the less.

Having said that, I'm pulling for ricky to do something.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:51 am

Bmonkey wrote:you guys are acting like Ronnie is producing great... he's not bad but week 6 he had 9 rushes for 22 yds... thats crap... and if you take away his 65 yd bulldoze last week near end of the game... he would've only had 30 yds off 7 carries..

Yeah I guess that game was over by the first play of the 2nd half ? :-?

I'd start Ronnie as a RB#2 this week for sure, Ricky stays on the bench unless Ronnie is injured.
----

As for the "easy schedule" I'm just not seeing it. Tennessee in week 16 looks like their only weak matchup going forward. A lot of the other matchups could go either way.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby danleroi22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:00 pm

Brown is a #3 FF running back right now. Williams isn't even on the charts, but that could change.

No reason to drop him, but trading him is an option.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk