Stupidest cut you've seen thus far..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stupidest cut you've seen thus far.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:59 am

not quite as big but in my brothers league a guy dropped darrell jackson for boldin... i think boldin is so overated its not even funny, and now my brother picked up jackson to be his 3rd reciever.

His team is now
QB: Brooks
RB: A Green
RB: George
WR: Harrison
WR: Holt
WR: D Jackson

now thats a great way to make an idiot pay.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Not as bad, but...

Postby Ender_ffc » Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:26 pm

I picked up Donald Driver after a guy cut him Monday. It's a 14 team league, so Driver can sit on my bench until he's playing again. ;-D
Ender_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goodfella » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:34 pm

Well this is not as bad as droping Donte but a guy in my league dropped Donald Driver. I dont know what he picked up but I am sure its not as good and Donald yeah he is hurt but come on. So I picked him up ;-7
Goodfella

Friendliness: %

Postby Crafty » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:58 pm

Would it be a stupid move to drop Jerry Porter for Tim Brown? I've got Boston, Horn, and Lelie otherwise. Should I try to wait it out?
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jeru » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:02 pm

Crafty wrote:Would it be a stupid move to drop Jerry Porter for Tim Brown? I've got Boston, Horn, and Lelie otherwise. Should I try to wait it out?

It probably depends on the depth of your league, and how many open roster spots you have. The reports on Porter are that he'll miss 6-8 weeks, so he's going to be out for half the season. If you're in a shallow league and need WR depth, you pretty much have to cut bait for now, and maybe try to pick him back up a couple weeks before he comes back, before someone else catches on. With Boston having nagging injuries too, and probably missing the game tomorrow, you need another WR.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby senseiosin » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:57 am

A guy in my league dropped Donald Driver, the next day I missed out on getting him off of waivers by one owner who was ahead of me on the list :-o

I just dropped Jerry Porter and picked up Andre Johnson of the Texans. My two starters are T.O. and K. Rob so Porter would never have started anyway and neither will Johnson outside of bye weeks. Hernia's dont heal overnight, I can see him missing around 2 months and thats just not worth holding onto. :-)
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Big Game JLo » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:23 pm

A guy in my league dropped Miami Def after the first week.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:51 pm

I saw a team cut Lawyer Milloy who was promptly picked up by one of their arch-rivals who needed a DB. Talk about stupid. On top of this, these two teams met in the first week and Milloy's new team trounced the guy that cut him.

Friendliness: %

Postby tjhksig » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:01 am

senseiosin wrote:A guy in my league dropped Donald Driver, the next day I missed out on getting him off of waivers by one owner who was ahead of me on the list :-o

I just dropped Jerry Porter and picked up Andre Johnson of the Texans. My two starters are T.O. and K. Rob so Porter would never have started anyway and neither will Johnson outside of bye weeks. Hernia's dont heal overnight, I can see him missing around 2 months and thats just not worth holding onto. :-)

Someone just did that this weekend in my highly competitive league; for Antonio Freeman. I promptly used my #2 waiver priority to snag him as my 3rd WR behind Toomer and Chad Johnson. He can rest up on my bench till he's healed up, D-Jax is doing fine.

BTW, I didn't get Dante, someone else snagged him.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bbentley40 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:33 am

Well this by no means ranks up there with the cutting of CPepp.. but in one of my leagues we have to start 2 TEs and someone decided to cut M. Pollard today. I do not remember who they picked up, but it was just an average player.. Pollard is normally a top 5 TE.. and for a league starting 2 of them he is a good player to have.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk