I need an idea... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I need an idea...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I need an idea...

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:12 pm

I am going to be writing a football article for another site and was in need of an idea. something that is current in fantasy football. There are no real perameters, somthing that is current and controversial would be best. it could be about anything though i just need some fresh ideas, i seem to have writers block! thanks.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BostonBlades » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:52 pm

Pehaps an article on the fantasy (and real) dominance of LT and SA? Or maybe even perhaps an article debating who is better? Just some thoughts...
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: I need an idea...

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:58 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I am going to be writing a football article for another site and was in need of an idea. something that is current in fantasy football. There are no real perameters, somthing that is current and controversial would be best. it could be about anything though i just need some fresh ideas, i seem to have writers block! thanks.

Remember to run spell check and grammar check.

An article on how Curtis Martin is perpetually underrated and how absurd that is -- that's my suggestion.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:02 pm

A current hot topic is the number of coaches who could get the axe this season.

A controversial article might choose one loved coach who you think deserves the axe and one hated/underachieving coach who you think is worth keeping around.

To write good controversy, you have to feel strongly about a subject, and your opinion must be controversial.

How did you feel about Miami trying a 3rd and 1 pass to Chambers (for an incompletion) after failing the same play on 2nd and 1? Don't they have these guys called Brown and Williams who are supposed to be able to get a yard when it's needed?

What about Belichick putting the entire Patriots offense on the shoulders of Tom Brady? They have Doug Flutie on the sidelines getting clipboarditis. Flutie is mobile, a great athlete, someone who could be used for a few plays (or a series) to create a change of pace and wreak havoc on defenses. With that pass protection breaking down, why not take advantage of Flutie's mobility and put some hurt on pass rushers?

See, I can go on about how Flutie isn't being utilized, because I'm a Flutie fan and a Pats fan.

Write what you're passionate about, and it will be good.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:10 pm

How did you feel about Miami trying a 3rd and 1 pass to Chambers (for an incompletion) after failing the same play on 2nd and 1? Don't they have these guys called Brown and Williams who are supposed to be able to get a yard when it's needed?

i didnt watch the game but kept tabs on Gamecenter. I was yelling at the screen when i saw that. Ronnie Brown has just ripped off a 9 yard run and then they throw consecutive passes with 1 yard to go.

Thanks for the ideas. If i end up putting a piece together ill be sure to share it!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:30 am

Write about how many freaking penalties they've been this here and what fantasy football would be like if penalties that were called on your players gave you negative points. Of course, if points for IDPs were higher and you drafted O-Line units, it'd have a very large effect.

It'd make a fairly interesting piece to write about possibilities in FF, such as the one above.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Return to Football Talk