Return to Football Talk

Tanking a Game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arlo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:16 am

Yep, seems innocent to me, too. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MiniDitkas » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:11 am

Post the restof his line-up.

Starting collins is not tanking since he's been close to a top 5 fantasy qb this year. what else does he have that might be suspicous
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:19 pm

The guy is not going to do anything overally obvious because he has been busted doing this before and been punished by yours truly. After todays performance though his team got destroyed regardless of the QB thing...so no big deal.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:29 pm

I would think that not getting beat by your wife would be enough reason not to tank a game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:06 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I would think that not getting beat by your wife would be enough reason not to tank a game.

If my wife played in a league with me and we were going head to head, there are a few things that I could think of that she could bribe me with so that I wouldn't play my top lineup. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:35 am

I'm going with the rest on this. There is no reason why he should have benched Collins, as everyone has seen Favre self destruct as of late, and especially in domes. Now if I would only have thought better and played Collins instead of McCown.... It seems Favre would have been the better choice looking back on it now, but Collins was every bit a starter as Favre was.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:21 am

knapplc wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I would think that not getting beat by your wife would be enough reason not to tank a game.

If my wife played in a league with me and we were going head to head, there are a few things that I could think of that she could bribe me with so that I wouldn't play my top lineup. ;-D

:-b exactly knapplc

I was gonna say, you aren't married, are you CC?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby gablefan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:29 am

It is fine like everyone else has said, maybe if it was Alex smith over Favre... OK! We can see that, but Collins over Favre? Please. Also the rest of his lineup should have been a little skewed as well, not just the QB position. Just realx, if you have further questions about tanking, I reccomend you coming on here asking again. Everyone deserves to have their case heard first, if they are risking getting punnished.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:15 pm

I wish I would have TANKED my lineup and sat LT...... :-o
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter