Game -time decisions are a major pain - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Game -time decisions are a major pain

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am

GMoney wrote:lower taxes?

Must have the wrong country... Australia has the 3rd highest tax rate in the world behind switzerland and sweden i do believe.

lmcjaho... The United States places the lowest tax burden on its citizens of any industrialized country in the world. You still might think they're too high, but the grass is not greener, if low taxes is what you desire... (this is not a political statement - please to do reply to this with a political reply about how much you hate government or how you hate taxes, or how I am some deranged government loving hippie etc. etc.)

Now, back on topic, I kind of like the whole GTD thing - I love my Sunday morning pre-game routine of turning on ESPN, heading to the Cafe chatroom, and checking up on all my players - just adds another dimension of excitement to this game/passtime that I love.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:03 pm

Game time decisions are fine by me, but afternoon game-time decisions kill teams. If you wait until 4 to see whether someone plays or not, you may not have another option open to start if the guy is out. See Randy Moss from this week. I didn't find out he was starting until 10 minutes after the game was on, and the first post I saw about it here was 6 minutes before 4 (and I think that our site is one of the most up to date ones around)...that would have given me exactly 1 minute to get to my league page, throw Moss in, and submit it before it got locked out. :-[ :-P
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:11 pm

If you're in a league with commish abilities to change starting rosters after games have started, there's absolutely no reason why your owners should have to suffer under the last minute DNP's and inactives.

I call em "Spot Starts" in my league. All of my owners love that feature.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:28 pm

awwchrist wrote:If you're in a league with commish abilities to change starting rosters after games have started, there's absolutely no reason why your owners should have to suffer under the last minute DNP's and inactives.

This is a really good idea - don't think a standard yahoo league has this feature though... for future reference, what sites have control abilities like this?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:00 pm

aussieboy wrote:You think you hate Game time decisions?

Spare a thought for guys like me who don't live in the USA. GTD's usually mean I have to stay up to 2:30am or wake up at 4:30am so I can make sure my roster is sorted out.

not to mention those of us on the west coast... crap! I have to get up before 10 AM to make sure my lineup is right?!?!?! wtf?????
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:26 pm

The_Dude wrote:
awwchrist wrote:If you're in a league with commish abilities to change starting rosters after games have started, there's absolutely no reason why your owners should have to suffer under the last minute DNP's and inactives.

This is a really good idea - don't think a standard yahoo league has this feature though... for future reference, what sites have control abilities like this?

myfantasyleague.com is what I use for my league.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk