Holy.. what a drive, and what a catch.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Holy.. what a drive, and what a catch..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Clockerq » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:04 pm

hey alice bowie, how about some intelligent commentary on the coaching points that i made.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:17 pm

How can I respond? You don't give any examples, you just say that the coaching was bad.
To tell the truth, I don't think the Giants did anything different that final drive. It seemed more like a mistake by Denver's coaches in that they abandonned the blitz which had worked through the game. They dropped back and left a cushion until the Giants were already in the red zone. At that point, they tightened up, but Manning got it done.

Note: I am all for intelligent discussion, I just tend to react when someone jumps into what is obviously a cheering thread and knocks other posters for things they never said.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Clockerq wrote:r u guys kidding?? eli looked like a bad high school qb for the first 3 qtrs. same thing last week, but he managed to pull both games out.

Are you kidding? Did you even watch the game? That was Eli's 15th game as a pro and yes he made mistakes. There were times when he didn't handle the blitzes very well and there were times when the play had the Broncos beat and the ball sailed. But he's a young QB and he handled a complex blitzing scheme well enough to keep the Giants in the game. The one interception he gave up was a mistake by Plaxico and a great catch by Champ Bailey. Then when it counted he won it. To say he looked like a bad HS QB is pretty far off the mark.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby echo8287 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:41 pm

I am not especially an Eli Manning fan, but you have to admit he is doing an amazing job for such a young inexperianced quaterback. Move over Peyton pretty soon your brother is going to be kicking you butt. Giants are lucky to have him and he is the reason for their success. It would be interesting to see a Giants/Colts game later in the season.
David
echo8287
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Manja » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:50 pm

Clockerq wrote:hey alice bowie, how about some intelligent commentary on the coaching points that i made.

Considering this is a thread about how much Eli has matured and improved, it's not necessary to comment on crappy calls the offensive coordinator made.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:29 pm

Warhawk wrote:Heh, I started Palmer over Eli in 2 leagues...

Agh...

I would have done it too... had the chance to put Favre in over him last minute but I was hoping he wasn't going to throw 2 INTs, the Rush TD let me forgive him a little though...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Clockerq » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:35 am

you make a good point bowie. denver backed off on their blitzing and eli took care of them. denver went into a semi-prevent D. they abandoned what got them the lead. I was rooting for the giants and i have eli on my team, so i was disgusted with all the deep outs they continued to throw. just horrible play calling. where was that underneath crossing pattern to shockey that was so successful last week? Eli looks good, but lets not get cattied away with comments like "move over peyton". lol. at least not until they get in their new stadium and away from the swirling winds of the meadowlands.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gablefan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:19 am

Patriots fans know everything! Don't you guys know???
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:20 am

gablefan wrote:Patriots fans know everything! Don't you guys know???

Except how to be gracious losers this year.

Biggest whiners in the Cafe. Hands down!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clockerq » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:42 am

boy u steeler fans still can't get over it,,lol!! i hear more BS from steeler fans than colts fans and the colts fans have more to be pissed about than u. where in my posts did i mention the pats?? i must have missed that. i was just giving bowie his props on his post. GROW UP steeler fan :-t :~(
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting