Will Houston go a perfect 0-16 this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Will Houston go a perfect 0-16 this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:26 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Tampa went 0-14 in their first season. That was when they only played 14 games. I believe they actually lost their first 18 games before they won.

I am young enough to remember Tampa sucking, and their ugly orange uniforms (those were the ugliest ever - Pirates of the carribean meets the Gay Caballero). Don't remember them going 0-14 though. I think there were a few other teams in there that almost pulled it off. The Bengals, the Patriots (with their old logos, when they were owned by the Remington micro-screen guy) and mabye the Colts? I know I am forgetting some worst-ever teams.

I wonder if the original bucs players from the 1st season hold their breath and toast each other when the last defeated team wins their 1st game, the way the undefeated dolphins players do when another undefeated team loses. ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:19 pm

I really think HOU will win this week, they put up a good fight in the first half against the top team in the NFL.

Davis will be going crazy in that game and if Carr can keep himself from throwing to the imaginary people on the field for INT's they might pull it off.

Gaffney is definately a target now, I will be putting my bets on HOU wins thier first this week.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby eggraid101 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:23 pm

Where are you planning on wearing the hat? I think it would be cooler if you bought a helmet and wore that around.
eggraid101
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:31 pm

They won...
Last edited by aaawall91 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby drsteuss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:05 pm

No way they go 0-16. I've seen far worse teams win ballgames. If the Niners can steal a game this year, so can Houston.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:13 pm

I doubt it, but I'm rooting for it. If I can't see 16-0 (no Indy won't do it) I want to at least see 0-16. Besides, teams will be paying absurd pricing in the Leinhart bidding war, so having the #1 overall pick will serve them well to acquire multiple picks and draft a freaking line! :-#
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:13 pm

Tampa went 0-14 in their first season. That was when they only played 14 games. I believe they actually lost their first 18 games before they won.

It was actually 0-17, but who's really counting... As for Houston, I don't think there's any chance they do it, but I'll be rooting for them.

For the sake of argument:

CLE- very winnable, might end the conversation this week
@ JAC- JAX will be a 8+ point favorite, probably 0-8 after this week if they don't beat Cleveland
@ IND- not going to happen
KAN- Kansas City looks tougher every week, don't see it happening.
STL- very winnable, but with the pressure of carrying 0-10 going in, can they take this one?
@ BAL- winnable, but Baltimore is a team that grinds out wins at home when they really should
@ TEN- I don't know, this is tougher than either STL or @BAL, but still within reason
ARI- another good opportunity, equal to @TEN in probability
JAC- maybe if they get some breaks and have really improved by this point
@ SFO- This one would be awesome to watch if Houston's still 0-15. Last chance, and as good a chance as they would have had up until this point.

Highly doubtful they lose all of these, but I'd like to see it.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BadgerBengal » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:34 pm

I saw an old NFL Films show on a guy, a Defensive Lineman I think, who played for the 17-0 Dolphins in 72 and was aquired by Tampa in the expansion draft and played for the 0-14 Bucs in 76. The only guy to go undefeated and winless in his career. By the way I love the old Buccaneer unis.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ampant » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:43 pm

eggraid101 wrote:Where are you planning on wearing the hat? I think it would be cooler if you bought a helmet and wore that around.

LOL That would be ultra-ballsy. Just roll into the office with a Houston helmet on. I could ride my bike to work to look extra sweet.

I could make my 7 year old son wear it as a punishment when he misbehaves. Call it "the helmet of shame"

I probably would, but a helmet is expensive. I'll prolly just buyt the hat.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:32 pm

No, it won't happen. I also doubt the Colts will be able to go perfect, either.
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting