Odd stat. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Odd stat.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Odd stat.

Postby matmat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 pm

This just popped into my head and maybe someone's looked at it before. I'll do some calculations for my leagues later, but...

I wonder what the correlation is between the winner of a fantasy matchup and the # of players on their team that won their games.

eg. in one of my leagues, my players wany 3-5 and my opps players went 0-8. I won. hmmm...

in another my players are 6-1 and his 5-3, unless Dunn fumbles 22 times tomorrow, I'll win...

in a third my players are 6-3 and his are 5-3 with coles to come, up by quite a bunch.. .hmm....
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:42 pm

I think a more interesting study would be looking at stats by position. For example, what percentage of the top 20 scoring RB's won that week? WR's who lost? etc.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:05 pm

Ive thought about that also but I didnt come to much conclusion. Think of all the garbage points a QB gets in the 4th quarter when his team is down big. They may still lose but he could rack up points.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:08 pm

I've been thinking of trying to institute this in a league. Maybe your player gets 3 bonus points if their team wins.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:12 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I've been thinking of trying to institute this in a league. Maybe your player gets 3 bonus points if their team wins.

i have heard tall tales of people drafting coaches and having wins count for them.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:37 pm

Week 2 8-1
Week 3 6-3
Week 4 7-2
Week 5 2-7
Week 6 4-5
Week 7 4-5

31-23 (week 1 scratched changed from FOX too yahoo too late)

I'm 6-0 so far and top points scorer. I don't know how much relevance it is. All depends on how much they win or lose by, like do their teams go more towards the run or pass later on. Who knows but it is kind of interesting. (my one consistent win is the IND D ;) )
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:56 am

Some fantays players (QBs and WRs) actually tend to score better when their teams are down big, whereas RB's tend to rack up the points when their teams are winning....

So, while there is some correlation, I think you have to consider it on a position by position basis....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk