Jamal Lewis - cut bait? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis - cut bait?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:17 pm

Don't try to make this call right after the Ravens just played the Bears. The Bears D has not allowed a single rushing TD all year!

Give him time and if you cut him, don't drop him outright. Trade him after a decent game when he will have some perceived value.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:Last game Billick being the stubborn egotistical maniac he is was set on playing Lewis non stop no matter what the result. Chester Taylor got only like 2 carries I believe but they were much better than any of Lewis', one, two yard gains. But Lewis is not the one to blame. The o-line has been pathetic. That is the reason he been so bad. He does look tenative but there is just no blocking for him to run behind. Until the line is fixed up Lewis most likely won do much.

Also IMO Taylor is only successful because he is a change of pace back in contrast to Lewis. He still may be the better runner, but he catches the defense of guard after Lewis lulls them to sleep.

How can it be the o-line's fault when Lewis' performances are consistently below Taylor's?

I might buy the argument that Taylor was being successful as a change of pace back this week, but how do you explain the numbers against Cleveland when Taylor carried 8 times and averaged 11.5 yard per carry, while Jamal averaged 2.5 ypc.

I was also a big Jamal apologist early on and I really need him to succeed to win my league, but I'm not getting my hopes up. He's being outplayed by his backup and has to face BRUTAL defenses in the weeks ahead. The Ravens stop and start with the run, so if Taylor can get yards where Jamal isn't, they should be starting him.

I said Taylor is a better back than Jamal. Theres no doubt about that at this point in the season. I was contributing Taylor's major gains due to catching the defense off guard, coming in for Jamal. Hopefully that clears up what I was saying.

The o-line is horrendous. I'm not saying Jamal has been good, or even acceptable for that matter. but when you watch the Ravens play week in and week out as I do you will notice there is just no where to run. Now remember Taylor's average of 11.5 was affected by a 50 yard run. Now was it all Taylor or could it have been any of the two backs to make that rush, we dont know. I was trying trying to point out that Jamal's poor play has been due to the offenseive line, just trying to take some heat off of him. But I do admit he is not looking at all strong this year.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:08 pm

Don't cut jamal.

Just don't start him.

Let him ride the pine.

Fisher over Jamal isn't gonna be much of an improvement. At least its something.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm not about to drop him. But I'll take just about any starting RB over Jamal this year. That's really sad to say.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Humpback » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:13 pm

He's definitely lost something. He looks sluggish and weak compared to the past. I agree, the o-line stinks, but he has to take a good chunk of the blame at this point. They didn't even stack the box yesterday, and they probably won't in the future, until he shows something. I don't buy into the whole "caught by surprise" thing for Taylor- bottom line, he's been much more productive so far this season. Fortunately, I have both, so I'm hoping they bench Jamal and go with the hotter hand. I doubt it's going to get much better in the near-term with their tough schedule- their next five are Pittsburg twice, Cincy twice, and at Jacksonville.

I mean, he couldn't even run against Cleveland, a team he usually eats for lunch.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:17 pm

FatFoot wrote:I'm not about to drop him. But I'll take just about any starting RB over Jamal this year. That's really sad to say.

Exactly... if someone offered me Droughns for Jamal, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:32 pm

Whether Taylor is better or not, I dont know, but from what I saw vs. Indy and yesterday, Jamal's not getting much blocking. Conversely, I don't see him hitting the hole as hard as he used to. Taylor may be the future, but he's going to need an O-line or he won't do much more than Lewis.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk