Halloween Candy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Halloween Candy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Halloween Candy

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:34 am

What are you giving out this year? And what was your favorite growing up?

We are giving out full size snickers this year, always wanted to be the guy that did that in the neighborhood. Plus my front yard is pretty tricked out so the kids that can brave it through gets a nice suprise.

My favorite growing up was pixie sticks, nothing like a 10 year old and a stick of pure sugar.

The worst was those black and orange wrapped up peanut butter flavor candies. What the hell were those things anyways :-P

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:38 am

I make a small bag and usually put a Blow Pop, small box of Nerds, and something chocolate in there too.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Halloween Candy

Postby defianthart » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:14 am

mutantseabass wrote:We are giving out full size snickers this year, always wanted to be the guy that did that in the neighborhood. Plus my front yard is pretty tricked out so the kids that can brave it through gets a nice suprise.

way to be that dude, he was always my favorite ;-D ;-D

my favorites were always butterfingers and crunch bars
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dave416 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:23 pm

Every try those new Take 5 bars?...those are very good. ;-D
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Re: Halloween Candy

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:11 pm

mutantseabass wrote:What are you giving out this year? And what was your favorite growing up?

We are giving out full size snickers this year, always wanted to be the guy that did that in the neighborhood. Plus my front yard is pretty tricked out so the kids that can brave it through gets a nice suprise.

My favorite growing up was pixie sticks, nothing like a 10 year old and a stick of pure sugar.

The worst was those black and orange wrapped up peanut butter flavor candies. What the hell were those things anyways :-P

Man, I'm wanna go trick or treated again at your house! Full size snickers are amazing! lol.. Plus, I remember that I always loved houses that were all done up and scary!

btw, those black and orage things are absolutely terrible. Plus, toostie rolls are crappy halloween candies!
Butterfingers, twix, kit-kats, and snickers are the way to go. Especially if they are full size :-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:14 pm

one time my neighbor gave out pennys! yeah then we all got nearly arrested cuz like our whole group (about 15 kids) threw our pennies at her car. The houses i like best are the ones that give out unusual candy.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:17 pm

dave416 wrote:Every try those new Take 5 bars?...those are very good. ;-D

indeed. small in stature..but yummy.

I don't think we'll be giving out candy this year.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:21 pm

Take 5s are off the chain! hahah I love them.

I hated when people gave out bags of better made potato chips. :-t
Im not sure if Better Made is big nationally since they are based in Michigan. Doritos and Cheetos were all good but regular, old plain potato chips stink.

I was always thankful for any form of chocolate, even tootsie rolls! :-D

Yeah those orange and black wrapped candies are throw-aways. Same goes for candy corn...yuck! :-P
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:24 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Take 5s are off the chain! hahah I love them.

I hated when people gave out bags of better made potato chips. :-t
Im not sure if Better Made is big nationally since they are based in Michigan. Doritos and Cheetos were all good but regular, old plain potato chips stink.

I was always thankful for any form of chocolate, even tootsie rolls! :-D

Yeah those orange and black wrapped candies are throw-aways. Same goes for candy corn...yuck! :-P

Better Made rock, but getting chips for halloween always sucked becasue we always had chips anyway.

we had a dental hygenist in our neighberhood that would give out a toothbrush and toothpaste. i still want to hate her, but she had hot daughters
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:25 pm

Here's my take...if it gets thrown at a Halloween parade, it's not a good trick-or-treat item.

Therefore, at least any medium sized candy bar is decent, and a full size one is just super. ;-D I suppose it depends on how many kids there are in the 'hood and how much you want to spend, though.

The random stuff that you wouldn't normally buy is best...like Butterfingers, Mallo Cups, Mounds, 5th Avenues...stuff like that. The kid will want to save it for last because it's a special one. :-]

(Oh, and as far as the stuff thrown at a parade goes...that means that pencils, erasers, rulers, political buttons, and corn cobs - yes, we asked someone on a float to throw a corn cob at me and they did - are not good items to give out - I've had them all thrown at me before at parades. :-b)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk