Halloween Candy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Halloween Candy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:50 am

I don't mind those things that much...they taste like Bit-O-Honey's to me. Maybe they have bad taffy suppliers in Florida? :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:01 am

mutantseabass wrote:Am i the only person in the world that likes candy corn?

No you are not. CC was a favorite of mine back in the day - still is. Another one I have always liked are ... Sweet Tarts. I have been lifting those from my kids bags for over 20 years.
Yum yum ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:05 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I don't mind those things that much...they taste like Bit-O-Honey's to me. Maybe they have bad taffy suppliers in Florida? :-D

Bit-O-Honey...those were good! Charleston's are the best...not that many people gave them out for Halloween when I was growing up, but we always got them at the Little League games!

There's nothing worse than ringing a doorbell and seeing a lady standing there with a bowl filled with boxes of raisins. I wonder if she did it out of some sick perversion from seeing blatant disappointment on kids' faces or if she just wanted to give kids a healthy treat!

I think Smarties should be banned...I know some people like them, but they were always the last to get eaten and I always tried to pawn them off on my brother.

Lollipops were my fave...those Dum-Dum's are pretty good and I was always fond of the Tootsie-Roll Pops!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:16 am

jayday wrote:and Dude....i'd definitely get some filler candy to go along with the ghiradelli....kids cant appreciate that stuff, and they're just gonna think you are cheap because you only gave them one piece(though an expensive piece)

Yeah, already taken care of... bought a 100 piece bag mix of Hershey's Bars, Reese's and Whoppers yesterday to complement the Ghiradelli. I'm not sure if we'll get any kids though, since this is our first year in our new place and we live in a gated apartment complex... we'll definately get all the local kids (there are quite a few families in the complex), but there won't be many of those, so I'll probably just hand out fistfuls of this stuff.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:17 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:
No love for my beloved flavored tootsie rolls? :,-(

The Dude approves of flavored tootsie rolls, just not the regular ones...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:10 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:No love for my beloved flavored tootsie rolls? :,-(

Me Likes em flavored tootsie rolls. I even like them orange and black wrapped peanut butter taffey thing a ma bobs.

This season i'm a gonna toss out the snickers, milkyway, and m&m potpouri, bite size of course. Though I don't recall gettin much traffic last seson so I figure might as well toss out sumthin me likes.
If i can find them Goo Goo clusters I'll be grabbing a bag of them as well. YUM!!!!

No one mentioned how much it sucks to get them colored pop corn balls :-t or apples with razor blades, well I guess it's just me.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 am

Redskins Win wrote:No one mentioned how much it sucks to get them colored pop corn balls :-t

Oh god i forgot about popcorn balls. That was terrible!!! :-P :-P

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Halloween Candy

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:44 pm

The_Dude wrote:
We're handing out caramel-filled Ghiradelli chocolate squares this year - for the kids with more sophisticated tastes (my wife works near the factory and went and picked up a big box this week... 3 oz square for less than 20 cents each).

You live in/near San Francisco? Man, I miss the Bay Area! We lived there for two years during the dot-com boom. We had adult trick-or-treaters come to our door both years, and they were hot! My wife thought I was nuts for giving them candy, but when you've got a nice-looking 20-something girl dressed up in a referee's shirt with a whistle and a shoooooort miniskirt, giving her candy was about the least trouble-making thing I could do.

Ah, the memories.

I liked Ghirardelli Square. Nice place to visit, and the chocolate - primo!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:00 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:He's rich, he's like a senator or something important.

A Senator from Wisconsin?

Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby jayday » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:32 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Flockers wrote:Guys - this is the candy MSB is talking about...

I know it's just an ornament, but it looks exactly like the candy wrappers.

Thats them :-P

yea, thats what i was talking about too....guess they arent mary janes....but i DO like these orange and black things...mmmm...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk