The Steelers @ the Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Steelers @ the Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Steelers @ the Bengals

Postby gablefan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:21 am

Did anyone else watch this game? If you did let me pick your brain a sec. Was the Unnecessary roughness call on, I think hope, for "slamming" Chad Johnson to the ground BS? I know call go both ways, and as a whole I think we have gotten most in our favor so far this year, but I thought that one was horrible! Maybe it shut him up for a play or two though?

I did enjoy Hines Wards' riverdance though! :-b
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:31 am

Hines Ward didn't even do riverdance. He did some we-tall-did shuffle with his feet.

It was a REALLY REALLY bad try to imitate Chad.

On a similar note, does Hines Ward have an original bone in his body? Last year, he wanted to be TO with the Eagles' wing flap (he has to remember that he's a Steeler...not an Eagle). Now, he tries to do a Chad celebration.

Make up your own stuff, Hines...you're embarassing yourself out there.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:48 am

gable, don't get me started on bad calls. you guys definitely got the better end of the stick from the zebras yesterday--not saying you didn't outplay cincinnati--but to hear you come out on the leftovers forum and gripe about this? come on. in tackling a person, there's no need to actually lift him off the ground. end of discussion.

steelers definitely > bengals this week, though. no denying that.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:49 am

I thought it was a pretty ticky-tacky call that probably shouldn’t have been called, but:

A) We couldn’t hear the whistle on the TV. If it blew 2 or 3 seconds before he threw Chad, then it would have been a justified penalty.
B) It made very little to no difference in the game.
C) It didn’t come close to making up for all the generous spots you were getting from the refs. You got multiple first-downs when it should have been 4th and 1 or 4th and 2.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 am

I thought it was a bad call. I also thought the unnecessary roughness they called in the first half when the threw Chris Perry out of bounds was uncalled for. The Hines Ward "unsportsmanlike conduct was BS too. However, I didn't think there was enough evidence on the instant replay to overturn the CJ TD (unless the refs had a different angle than we all got). It has to be clear and irrefutable evidence - not borderline possibility like that.

After that botched first drive for Cincy, I knew the game was over. Pittsburgh is too good to leave points on the field. Nice game Steelers - we'll be back.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby jayday » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:03 pm

you cant really say because we didnt hear the whistle......but there is still no reason to suplex someone onto their head....thats seriously dangerous....

hines' dance was the dumbest thing ive ever seen...it looked like he was skipping in place or something.....he needs to be original...like BH said, last year TO, now Chad....next he'll moon the crowd like Randy....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby pdub » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:20 pm

i can't believe someone actually started a thread to whine about how the steeler's got hosed after the way that game was called.

jesus thats rich.

but yeah the hines dance was pretty good. he's so much funnier when he's crying, tho.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:32 pm

Awww..poor bungles fans crying when the get their backsides handed to em. You'd think they would be used to that by now coming from the Steelers.

;-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:49 pm

i defintely thought that The Bungles would be able to beat the Steel City this week (hence the paperbag) The bengals defintely didnt play their best game and i think that ultimately they will have the last laugh...but what do i know im a bucs fan! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:51 pm

davus wrote:Awww..poor bungles fans crying when the get their backsides handed to em. You'd think they would be used to that by now coming from the Steelers.

;-D

actually a steelers fan started this thread crying about how they got ripped off.

good info there. classy!
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk