The Steelers @ the Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Steelers @ the Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:10 pm

jh2031 wrote:You know what cracks me up the most? After the game Carson and TJ Houshwhatever saying they are the better team and they just didn't play well...ummmmm, hello? Who made you play bad Carson? Maybe the Steelers D? CJ was the only big name player on the Bengals that showed class. He said "We may still be in first place but after this game it doesn't really feel like it" And he gave credit to the Steelers D. More than I can say for Carson and the others.

step away from the pipe. just put it down, and walk away. i don't know what you're quoting, but this is carson from bengals.com:

“When you play a good team and a good defense like that, you need to take advantage of every opportunity. We left some points on the board. But I don’t think we were down from that; that didn’t affect the third and fourth quarters, and later on in the second quarter. When you’re playing a good team - a championship team - you need to take advantage of every opportunity when it’s out there."

i haven't seen any quotes from the bengals contesting the quality of pittsburgh's team; i have seen many quotes from bengals players saying, "we're better than that." this is not only true, it's a standard by-line for a team that just got its arse handed to them.

don't make this into something it isn't. the steelers are the better team. this is clear because they pittsburgh won last year's championship, and because they just beat the bengals. when the bengals beat the steelers en route to a championship of their own, then there will be something to debate.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:14 pm

I have quotes from Steelerslive.com and the Mark Madden show. Mark Madden said that over his show...that's why i stated it. I'm not making it up...just what i've heard and some of what i read on the Steelerslive.com messageboard.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:25 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05297/593956.stm

Len Pasquarelli also stated that Palmer said "We're the better team." Nice statement after you got your behinds handed to you.

Thanks for the board material next time Carson...silly Bengals.

Madden went on to say stuff about Houshwhatever but can't find anything on it.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby benjapage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:28 pm

jh2031 wrote:I have quotes from Steelerslive.com and the Mark Madden show. Mark Madden said that over his show...that's why i stated it. I'm not making it up...just what i've heard and some of what i read on the Steelerslive.com messageboard.

to quote public enemy, "yo don't believe the hype: the media says this."

what carson said repeatedly was that the steelers are a very good team. he and the rest of the bengals got slapped around and maintain that the team did not represent itself well.

here's the video: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 10002/1066

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:30 pm

By the way...Bag it up.

something tells me that kitna makes a bit of a stronger back-up than maddox.

i'm in for the bengals. i'm scared--because i'm not stupid--that the bengals run defense is too porous. hopefully, the bengals will score early and take away the run from the steelers. make rufethlmsebrger air it out to a gimpy ward. that is, of course, if he's playing for certain. i'd much rather face batch.

b
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby zombiez » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:31 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Hines Ward didn't even do riverdance. He did some we-tall-did shuffle with his feet.

It was a REALLY REALLY bad try to imitate Chad.

On a similar note, does Hines Ward have an original bone in his body? Last year, he wanted to be TO with the Eagles' wing flap (he has to remember that he's a Steeler...not an Eagle). Now, he tries to do a Chad celebration.

Make up your own stuff, Hines...you're embarassing yourself out there.
...I don't think Hines was trying to draw 10's from the crowd on his riverdance routine, and Im glad Hines doesn't have some gay routine when ever he scores or makes a big play, but then again what class act does
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayday » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:36 pm

jh...put the whole quote...

After the Steelers controlled the ball for 22 minutes in the second half and dominated play on offense and defense, Palmer announced: "I don't think they're that much better of a team than us. Right now, I think we're the better team. We just didn't play well enough to win."

thats a common quote from anyone who just lost a game....basically saying that they arent a team that should beat us by 21 points.....

TO SUM IT UP....the bengals didn't bring their A game....they let pittsburgh get the lead and let them run, run, run....steelers were the better team yesterday....but that doesnt mean they will be the better team by season's end.... ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby machine3 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:38 pm

zombiez wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Hines Ward didn't even do riverdance. He did some we-tall-did shuffle with his feet.

It was a REALLY REALLY bad try to imitate Chad.

On a similar note, does Hines Ward have an original bone in his body? Last year, he wanted to be TO with the Eagles' wing flap (he has to remember that he's a Steeler...not an Eagle). Now, he tries to do a Chad celebration.

Make up your own stuff, Hines...you're embarassing yourself out there.
...I don't think Hines was trying to draw 10's from the crowd on his riverdance routine, and Im glad Hines doesn't have some gay routine when ever he scores or makes a big play, but then again what class act does

Exactly. Hines was poking fun at CJ, not trying to do a better riverdance. IMO, when CJ, TO, Joe Horn, etc. do those "celebrations", they look ridiculous.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby benjapage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:40 pm

jh2031 wrote:By the way...Bag it up.

something tells me that kitna makes a bit of a stronger back-up than maddox.

i'm in for the bengals. i'm scared--because i'm not stupid--that the bengals run defense is too porous. hopefully, the bengals will score early and take away the run from the steelers. make rufethlmsebrger air it out to a gimpy ward. that is, of course, if he's playing for certain. i'd much rather face batch.

b

yeah, good call. i actually did bag it up on sunday...or, at least i thought i did. i sometimes forget to hit "submit" when changing my avatar. really annoying.

when someone says the opponent isn't "that much better," it typically suggests admission of coming up short. the bengals and their fans haven't shown anything but well-deserved respect for the steelers and the way they play the game.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 pm

jayday wrote:jh...put the whole quote...

After the Steelers controlled the ball for 22 minutes in the second half and dominated play on offense and defense, Palmer announced: "I don't think they're that much better of a team than us. Right now, I think we're the better team. We just didn't play well enough to win."

thats a common quote from anyone who just lost a game....basically saying that they arent a team that should beat us by 21 points.....

TO SUM IT UP....the bengals didn't bring their A game....they let pittsburgh get the lead and let them run, run, run....steelers were the better team yesterday....but that doesnt mean they will be the better team by season's end.... ;-D

That was the full quote in the article. But, there in lies the problem. The Bengals didn't bring their A game? That's where the Steelers come in. It's easy to play the Texans, Titans, Vikings and even the Bears, the Steelers are on a whole other level. Ok, i'm done with this now...until the next meeting in December. }:-) :-)
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk