The Steelers @ the Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Steelers @ the Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:53 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Make up your own stuff, Hines...you're embarassing yourself out there.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't embarassed in the least bit.

Cry, little kitty, cry...

He should be embarassed by his lack of dancing skills and rhythm and his absence of originality.

I own Darren's Dance Grooves 1 and 2 and I can pop and lock with the best of them.

I was embarassed seeing that routine on SportsCenter. With a little practice in front of the mirror, he can put forth an endzone celebration that people everywhere can be proud of.

You don't want to be that guy that copies other peoples' routines and passes them off as their own (the movie Bring It On should ring a bell here). Instead, you want to create something very personal...something that people talk about on the streets..."Oh snap, you see the Hines' Hustle? That was off the chain!"
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Make up your own stuff, Hines...you're embarassing yourself out there.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't embarassed in the least bit.

Cry, little kitty, cry...

He should be embarassed by his lack of dancing skills and rhythm and his absence of originality.

I own Darren's Dance Grooves 1 and 2 and I can pop and lock with the best of them.

I was embarassed seeing that routine on SportsCenter. With a little practice in front of the mirror, he can put forth an endzone celebration that people everywhere can be proud of.

You don't want to be that guy that copies other peoples' routines and passes them off as their own (the movie Bring It On should ring a bell here). Instead, you want to create something very personal...something that people talk about on the streets..."Oh snap, you see the Hines' Hustle? That was off the chain!"

lol....instead it was...man, did hines look white or what?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby gablefan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:10 pm

If you guys that are taking offense would notice, Hines won't go into Philly and do the riverdance, or go into Cinci and the Eagle flap, he does them in front of the WR's who have done them previously and are getting embarassed by the Steelers. Thought you guys may pick up on that....

And BH just for me, where did TO, "on the streets", see a waiter carrying a tray??? Must be some TOUGH streets!!!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 pm

gablefan wrote:If you guys that are taking offense would notice, Hines won't go into Philly and do the riverdance, or go into Cinci and the Eagle flap, he does them in front of the WR's who have done them previously and are getting embarassed by the Steelers. Thought you guys may pick up on that....

Football....Television...Sportscenter...Waves....Broadcast...Everyone...Sees...His...Terrible...Dances...Everyone...Laughs...At...His...Lack...Of...Coordination.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:34 pm

If ...he ...is ...dancing ...he ...just ...scored ...!!!

The Waiter on the streets???
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:37 pm

gablefan wrote:If ...he ...is ...dancing ...he ...just ...scored ...!!!

not necessarily true in the case of hines...

but let's not get nasty. this was almost shaping up to be a very classy rivalry.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Classy rivalry? Is there such a thing? :-)
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:32 pm

jh2031 wrote:Classy rivalry? Is there such a thing? :-)

we sure gave it a shot, didn't we?

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=190802

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gablefan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:42 pm

No, there is a differnece in between being bias and classy. Up until this point the game commentary has been classy, but the TD dances have been biased. But saying someone's TD dance is Stupid, even though he is doing it to mock the guy whose behind he is in the process of kicking, isn't the greatest argument. And for the two people whose TD celebrations are 2 of the 3 worst in the league (insert Joe Horn!) It is just not the greatest argument in the world, Your love for your own team has blinded your ability to make clear judgements i.e. Hines makes fun of your players stupid endzone dance with an endzone dance to mock them and it is stupid, it is very funny indeed!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cooner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:53 pm

the thing is, when a WR does an impromptu TD dance, it's generally because he's just having a good time- if it's not disrespectful, it's fine by me. When he plans it beforehand and practices in front of a mirror like BH does, he's being an *** and a showoff.

That's why I really like CJ's celebrations, but want to smack TO or Horn. And if Ward wants to have a little fun by returning the favor in a mocking dance, so be it. Granted Ward needs a little style practice, but hey, his style is no style- just straight-forward performance, so it's all good.

By the way, did anyone else think that McCardell's version of the "You've been served" dance was much smoother than TO's? I mean, McCardell just pulled his towel off the back of his waist and BOOM, it was there, you're getting served. TOs was like, let's grab the string, pull the towel out, fumble around trying to fold it over his arm, then get the ball up. It took at least 5 seconds to happen, and he made it look dumb.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk