Curtis Martin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Curtis Martin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curtis Martin

Postby mushman05 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:30 am

Does anyone think he'll go off tonight? By go off I mean about 130 yards and two scores? I'm winning by 24 points this week, he has Martin left I have the Falcons SpT left. Pretty standard scoring system except receiving yards count a little more (1 pt every 10 yds rushing, 1 pt for every 5 yds receiving.)

I'm rarely the optimist, but for some reason I just can't see a dinged up Martin blowing up vs. the Falcons at home. Despite the Falcons recent struggles on defense, am I way off base here?
Mushman's 2006 FF conquests:

2006 B&L League Champion
2006 WK Memorial Pts. League Champion
2006 'Burg Keeper League Runner Up

"I'm the Ziggy of Fantasy Football"
mushman05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:49 am

Well he is coming off a huge week, and he has shocked everyone before (...all of last year...), so him going off isn't out of the question. The falcons still have a very good defense, with brooking, kearny and co, so I'd have to give you the edge.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:18 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Well he is coming off a huge week, and he has shocked everyone before (...all of last year...), so him going off isn't out of the question. The falcons still have a very good defense, with brooking, kearny and co, so I'd have to give you the edge.

Atlanta is 5th from the bottom in the league against the run... they give up 133.5 yards per game. CMart blowing up isn't out of the question at all... by no means guaranteed, but he can do it.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby drsteuss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 am

He better. I need to him outscore Crumpler by 11 points.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mushman05 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 am

The_Dude wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Well he is coming off a huge week, and he has shocked everyone before (...all of last year...), so him going off isn't out of the question. The falcons still have a very good defense, with brooking, kearny and co, so I'd have to give you the edge.

Atlanta is 5th from the bottom in the league against the run... they give up 133.5 yards per game. CMart blowing up isn't out of the question at all... by no means guaranteed, but he can do it.

Yeah they've really struggled against the run in recent weeks, which scares me a bit. Atlanta's Def tends to play pretty tough at home though. If this game were being played at Giants Stadium I'd be feeling REAL nervous.

Seeing Rossum take back a kick/punt for a TD would make me feel alot better too! I have had ZERO luck in this league this season so I figure at least I'm due! ;-D
Mushman's 2006 FF conquests:

2006 B&L League Champion
2006 WK Memorial Pts. League Champion
2006 'Burg Keeper League Runner Up

"I'm the Ziggy of Fantasy Football"
mushman05
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thegronc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:52 am

Curtis needs to have a big game for me after McNabb blew it yesterday.
thegronc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:55 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting