Need your predictions on a draft... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need your predictions on a draft...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need your predictions on a draft...

Postby BizzoP » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:09 pm

I am in a dynasty that is going into its 7th year running. The draft is coming up on Aug. 24. I would like to see what you would predict as the first round (14 picks). There are a few vets in the draft such as Terry Glenn & Kordell Stewart. The first 5 picks will likely be:
1 W. Green
2 D. Foster
3 C. Portis
(the above three could go in any order but they will be the first 3 taken)
4 TJ Duckett
5 Terry Glenn

what do you think will be the order of 6-14. I am asking this because i have the 12 & 14 picks and I am trying to see who will be around when I pick. Thanks.
BizzoP

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:06 pm

The draft looks a little thin,so i'm not sure who's going to be available or already taken but here's a few rookies that might be available and worth the pick:

RB-Jonathon Wells (James Allen is the only player ahead of him in the depth charts and Allen is a Dunn type runner who can't handle 20 carries a game.If the Texans can get near the end zone,wells will carry the ball almost every time.

RB-Josh Scobey (If the Cardinals don't bring in a veteran to backup Thomas Jones then Scobey could end up with a starter's job by the end of the season.

WR-Jabar Gaffney (I would think would go right behind William Green! He's the 3rd receiver right now but behind Corey Bradford and Jermaine Lewis,neither are established #1 receivers.Gaffney could get a lot of his catches in the 4th quarter,with the Texans trailing.

WR-Donte Stallworth (Stallworth has only Jerome Pathon to beat out as the second receiver.Even if he doesn't,he could still get plenty of catches in the Saints' wide open offense.

WR-Josh Reed (Reed should be among the more productive third receivers in the league,in offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride's new system.Reed is particularly adept after the catch,as he's strong enough to break the first tackle.

QB-David Carr (I once again think that he would be picked first or second,he should be the starter by mid-season at the most.

QB-Patrick Ramsey (He might not start until mid-season but he's behind Shane Mathews and Danny Wuerffel,so not much is stopping him.He could end up seeing more action than Joey Harrington of the Lions and David Carr of the Texans in his rookie year.
n_tremain23

thanks

Postby BizzoP » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:31 pm

Scobey was a good name... Gaffney would normally go higher but with 14 teams, there is high priority on Running backs and on average 8 RBs are taken in the first round.
BizzoP

update on draft

Postby BizzoP » Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:45 pm

In case you were interested, I ended up drafting TJ Duckett w/ the 6th pick in the draft, Donte Stallworth with the 12 pick and Javon Walker with the 14 pick... Scobey went undrafted (4+ rounds) Reed fell to the 4th round(I was suprised) Thank you for your input.
BizzoP

Return to Football Talk