Texas new #1 in BCS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Texas new #1 in BCS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 am

I think USC deserves to be #1 and I'm a UCLA fan who hates them.

If it comes down to 4 undefeated teams I feel we will see USC and VT play for the Nat title. I think VT has a tougher remaining schedule than both but won't vault themselves to #1.

This is only like the 15th mile of a marathon though. There is bound to be some change before the end.

USC, VT, and Texas are on a different level than GA and Bama IMO. GA had trouble with Ark who USC killed by 50 and put backups in in the 3rd qtr. Now no starting QB forget about it. Bama has really only had 1 impressive victory against FL and a bunch of games where they just beat teams without the exclamation point.

Texas has had 2 real nice wins and has decisively won the games they are heavily favored in but does not have a tough remaining schedule.

VT if they can get through BC and Miami I feel they will vault ahead of Texas and play USC.

Either way we will have an argument on our hands when season ends.

I like the tourney idea. Something like a march madness but on a smaller scale. Thats the only way to accurately determine who is the Nat Champ.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:VT if they can get through BC and Miami I feel they will vault ahead of Texas and play USC.

Don't forget that if VT gets through those 2 games, they'll also have to play FSU in the ACC Championship....

That's 3 top-15 schools left on their schedule....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:43 am

HskrPwr13 wrote: How would you potentially judge the 3rd best Big10 team against the 3rd best SEC team to see who gets that 16th spot or higher seeding?

A composite of computer rankings.... Like the computer portion of the BCS....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:18 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:VT if they can get through BC and Miami I feel they will vault ahead of Texas and play USC.

Don't forget that if VT gets through those 2 games, they'll also have to play FSU in the ACC Championship....

I sure as hell haven't forgotten. FSU has our number - we can't EVER beat you guys.

I may be a pessimist, but I have a hard time believing that we get out of the regular season undefeated. Hopefully if we lose, we'll at least beat Miami so we can still get to the ACCCG.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:26 am

Gunslinger wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I sure as hell haven't forgotten. FSU has our number - we can't EVER beat you guys.

I may be a pessimist, but I have a hard time believing that we get out of the regular season undefeated. Hopefully if we lose, we'll at least beat Miami so we can still get to the ACCCG.

I know I'm very interested to see how your defensive front matches up with the big boys from Boston College.... Have you seen their line? Looks like an NFL line....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:38 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think USC deserves to be #1 and I'm a UCLA fan who hates them.

If it comes down to 4 undefeated teams I feel we will see USC and VT play for the Nat title. I think VT has a tougher remaining schedule than both but won't vault themselves to #1.

This is only like the 15th mile of a marathon though. There is bound to be some change before the end.

USC, VT, and Texas are on a different level than GA and Bama IMO. GA had trouble with Ark who USC killed by 50 and put backups in in the 3rd qtr. Now no starting QB forget about it. Bama has really only had 1 impressive victory against FL and a bunch of games where they just beat teams without the exclamation point.

Texas has had 2 real nice wins and has decisively won the games they are heavily favored in but does not have a tough remaining schedule.

VT if they can get through BC and Miami I feel they will vault ahead of Texas and play USC.

Either way we will have an argument on our hands when season ends.

I like the tourney idea. Something like a march madness but on a smaller scale. Thats the only way to accurately determine who is the Nat Champ.

USAToday's Strength of Schedule has Texas at #1, USC at #2 and Virginia Tech at #3.

I don't think VA Tech will go undefeated, but if they do they'd have a better argument for playing Texas than USC. I don't see how you can leave Texas out of the Title game when they've played stronger competition than USC.

Of course, all this does is make the argument once again that there needs to be a playoff.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:33 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I know I'm very interested to see how your defensive front matches up with the big boys from Boston College.... Have you seen their line? Looks like an NFL line....

I saw a bit of their game against you guys. They've always had those big lines, but they seem to get better and better each year. Hopefully Tapp and Ellis can cause some problems for them.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:38 pm

I think an 8 team playoff is the perfect solution. It's gets all the premier undefeated teams. And then a few 1 loss teams that may have lost to some one in the top 3. Any more than 8 I think is too much. The regualr season still has to matter.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:38 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:I think an 8 team playoff is the perfect solution. It's gets all the premier undefeated teams. And then a few 1 loss teams that may have lost to some one in the top 3. Any more than 8 I think is too much. The regualr season still has to matter.

I think too many teams in a tournament devalues the regular season, but 16 out of 116 isn't too broad of a slice of the pool.

I'd like to see it, but I'm betting we never do.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:12 pm

But an 8 teamer would be incredible, it would be the hardest playoffs to reach, in terms of percentof eligible teams.

I believe there are 119 DI schools. So assuming no one is on probation were tlaking 6.7% of the teams making it. This makes the regualr season matter, but delivers a exciting playoff.

Now I can't decide how I ould lik the 8 decided. I think what might work is an average, of the AP, coaches, and the BCS. Then we get a little bit of it all. Or we could move to a selection commitee, but we all know then they'll take too much heat, with buble teams a such. I think it would be best with the average.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to College Football