Marie Callender's turkey pot pies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Marie Callender's turkey pot pies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:14 am

You should do a half nuke half bake for best results ;-D
How bout that stoffers lasgana mmmmmm good ;-D

Mercer, IGA probably would carry these delicious pies.

Comming soon . . . how to make the best freaking Mac n Cheese from the box (with the powder cheese of course)
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:18 am

Redskins Win wrote:You should do a half nuke half bake for best results ;-D

Comming soon . . . how to make the best freaking Mac n Cheese from the box (with the powder cheese of course)

Blech...screw the powder stuff...you have to get the Kraft one with the cheese pouch that you squeeze on, and put in diced ham cubes and salsa for a special treat!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:18 am

Marie Callendar's is also a restaurant, where they make f'n good fresh pies (like blueberry sour cream, coconut cream, etc. etc. ad infinitum) and serve mediocre food.

And, I have to laugh at all the crap you guys eat...

My wife is making me buffalo chicken sandwiches on fresh sourdough rolls tonight for dinner. My top ramen and grilled cheese days are long gone.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:13 am

Sixxgunn wrote:

Blech...screw the powder stuff...you have to get the Kraft one with the cheese pouch that you squeeze on, and put in diced ham cubes and salsa for a special treat!

True, that's why I excluded those brands, Veleveta freakin rocks already. I was just looking at it from a budetary stand point. When you can get 3 boxes for a $1 or 1 box of veleveta for $2.50. It's a no brainer. I got the magic for them boxes.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:14 am

Redskins Win wrote:
True, that's why I excluded those brands, Veleveta freakin rocks already. I was just looking at it from a budetary stand point. When you can get 3 boxes for a $1 or 1 box of veleveta for $2.50. It's a no brainer. I got the magic for them boxes.

Ugh, every time I eat Velveta, I feel like I lose a year of my life.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:39 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:

Kraft Macaroni n Cheese with the cheese powder is the best. Velveeta is the devil's food!

Here's how you make Kraft properly:

Boil your pasta until it's al dente (semi-soft), strain into a collander, rinse with hot water, set aside.

In your pot, melt the butter, THEN add the milk. Heat this to just below a simmer, then add the cheese powder and whisk until smooth.

THEN add the strained pasta, mix and eat.

DO NOT strain the pasta, put it back into the pot, add butter and milk and powder and stir.

If you make it this way you'll know why Kraft is the best in Mac & Cheese in the world.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:50 pm

knapplc wrote:Kraft Macaroni n Cheese with the cheese powder is the best. Velveeta is the devil's food!

Boil your pasta until it's al dente (semi-soft), strain into a collander, rinse with hot water, set aside.

In your pot, melt the butter, THEN add the milk. Heat this to just below a simmer, then add the cheese powder and whisk until smooth.

DO NOT strain the pasta, put it back into the pot, add butter and milk and powder and stir.

If you make it this way you'll know why Kraft is the best in Mac & Cheese in the world.

Well you're almost right, cept for don't rinse your pasta and keep some of the pasta water for thinning if needed, use more butter/margine than recomended and less milk. Finish it off with a bit o' shredded cheddar. Delicious. If you really want a sweet twist add some of that brocoli chedar frozen stuff (but don't put it in forzen) mmmm cheezy good,
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:08 pm

Redskins Win wrote: Well you're almost right, cept for don't rinse your pasta and keep some of the pasta water for thinning if needed, use more butter/margine than recomended and less milk. Finish it off with a bit o' shredded cheddar. Delicious. If you really want a sweet twist add some of that brocoli chedar frozen stuff (but don't put it in forzen) mmmm cheezy good,

Blasphemy!!! "Thinning?!!?!?" Adding foriegn cheeses?

What's next? Adding HAM!!!!?!?

THIS is why I need to take over the world. To stop this kind of nonsense.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-P :-P :-P
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:21 pm

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote: Well you're almost right, cept for don't rinse your pasta and keep some of the pasta water for thinning if needed, use more butter/margine than recomended and less milk. Finish it off with a bit o' shredded cheddar. Delicious. If you really want a sweet twist add some of that brocoli chedar frozen stuff (but don't put it in forzen) mmmm cheezy good,

Blasphemy!!! "Thinning?!!?!?" Adding foriegn cheeses?

What's next? Adding HAM!!!!?!?

THIS is why I need to take over the world. To stop this kind of nonsense.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-P :-P :-P

I suppose if you're going for that whole "homeless cuisine" that's alright, but I actually have a stove instead of a flaming garbage can on lower Wacker Drive to cook on, and eating something palatable is kind of why I bother eating in the first place. Maybe you can wash down that boring, plain Mac-N-Cheese with some refreshing Lake Michigan water and make it a real special evening!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:52 am

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:

Kraft Macaroni n Cheese with the cheese powder is the best. Velveeta is the devil's food!

I do this, and it still isn't even close to the best mac and cheese in the world. Stouffers kills it, and any homemade obviously smashes Kraft's face.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk