Marie Callender's turkey pot pies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Marie Callender's turkey pot pies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:22 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:If it takes me longer than about 20 minutes to make something, I would rather not eat it. :-P

This might explain the 6'2" 140 pound frame, MB.....
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:26 pm

knapplc wrote:Boil your pasta until it's al dente (semi-soft), strain into a collander, rinse with hot water, set aside.

Never, ever, ever do this.... NEVER....

Filthy heathens....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:13 pm

OMG !! Is this the Martha Stewart corner !! LOL :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:36 pm

Big fan of the Stouffer French Bread Pizza ;-D

As for the mac-n-cheese, I am partial to the creamy cheese in the packet....mmmm....cheese
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Boil your pasta until it's al dente (semi-soft), strain into a collander, rinse with hot water, set aside.

Never, ever, ever do this.... NEVER....

Filthy heathens....

This is SOP in the finest kitchens around the world. If you don't rinse at all or rinse with cold water the starch in the water sticks to the pasta. Then you get gummy pasta.

If you are to "Never, ever, ever do this..." what ARE you advocating we do?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:42 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:If it takes me longer than about 20 minutes to make something, I would rather not eat it. :-P

This might explain the 6'2" 140 pound frame, MB.....

I've added 10 pounds of...something...over the past few years, so now I'm up to 150. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:41 pm

Maybe those cheesy Carl's Jr. commercials are right....without Carl's Jr./Mac-n-Cheese/Stouffer's Frozen Lasagna/Chicken Pot Pie/Velveeta/etc., you guys would starve!

And Dude...buffalo chicken sandwiches are the best...I bet you get some of the best sourdough around up there!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:47 pm

OK, here's the pilot episode of Cooking With Swiper

OK boys..Here's how you make the best Homemade Mac & Cheese. It's simple and guys can do it.

*Preheat oven to 325
*get out the casserole dish (have I lost you yet?)
*Spray with Pam.
*Spread out 2 cups of uncooked macaroni you choice of shape (I go for the spiral myself)
*cut up 1 stick butter into like 12 pieces and distribute evenly on top of the macaroni
*dump cheese on top of it. I would recommend it to evenly cover the butter and give it a little height. could be 2 bags (4 cups) Choice of cheese is again up to you (I like mixing it up: 1 bag of cheddar, one montery jack or whatever)
*Pour 5 cups milk onto it
*Season as you wish (salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, steakhouse seasoning, whatever)
*Put in oven for an hour
*let stand a bit to thicken up.

Not necessarily on the Heartsmart menu, but tastes awesome. When you have the recipe down it takes less 5-10 minutes to prepare. Should serve 4.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:04 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:OK, here's the pilot episode of Cooking With Swiper

OK boys..Here's how you make the best Homemade Mac & Cheese. It's simple and guys can do it.

*Preheat oven to 325
*get out the casserole dish (have I lost you yet?)
*Spray with Pam.
*Spread out 2 cups of uncooked macaroni you choice of shape (I go for the spiral myself)
*cut up 1 stick butter into like 12 pieces and distribute evenly on top of the macaroni
*dump cheese on top of it. I would recommend it to evenly cover the butter and give it a little height. could be 2 bags (4 cups) Choice of cheese is again up to you (I like mixing it up: 1 bag of cheddar, one montery jack or whatever)
*Pour 5 cups milk onto it
*Season as you wish (salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, steakhouse seasoning, whatever)
*Put in oven for an hour
*let stand a bit to thicken up.

Not necessarily on the Heartsmart menu, but tastes awesome. When you have the recipe down it takes less 5-10 minutes to prepare. Should serve 4.

I knew there was a reason she kept you around....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:09 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I knew there was a reason she kept you around....

Hey, I cook in other rooms in this house too P. :-D Maybe that has something to do with it.

Well, no. You're right. It must be my mealmaking.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk