Something odd on yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Something odd on yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Something odd on yahoo

Postby tal1286 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:50 pm

So I was looking on yahoo just to see how my QB's ranked cause I wanted to see where Brunell ranked and I noticed something odd. Brunell has more points than McNabb in my league's format anyway, it's close but Brunell leads by about 1.5. However, Yahoo ranks McNabb ahead of Brunell. They've both had their bye weeks. This makes no sense. Do you guys know why they might do this? I know it doesn't matter really but I'm just curious.
"You're my boy blue, you're my boy."

"Hey boys, we're looking for two lucky guys to be our sun tan lotion boys" ... "Well about 3 miles down the road that way there's a huge city. i'm sure that you'll find two guys there."
tal1286
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:36 pm

maybe because of future matchups?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 pm

Brunell didnt play week 1. His average PPG is probably higher.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:49 pm

I think it's just where they rank the players for their fantasy value on the whole season. I think it has to deal a little with the big board(Though I know IND D is ranked 11th). It's probably just the main writers for the FF part of yahoo.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:16 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I think it's just where they rank the players for their fantasy value on the whole season. I think it has to deal a little with the big board(Though I know IND D is ranked 11th). It's probably just the main writers for the FF part of yahoo.

Yep, said it exactly, the writers determine in their opinion
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:11 pm

It's sad to say but Brunell is probably a good start over McNabb for a number of games the remainder of this season. Take this week for example Brunell @NYG (2nd worst pass D) v. McNabb @Denver (very tough team at home).
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:51 pm

I'm pretty sure Brunell has thrown 2 TDs in every game since he's started. It's time to stop doubting the guy and put him into your lineup over somebody like Jake Plummer or Trent Green..

Look at what that team is doing. Santana Moss is a top10, if not top5 WR at this point and going forward. The TEs are HEAVILY targeted in redzone and goalline area. Chris Cooley is starting to emerge as one of the best TEs in the league IMO. Clinton Portis scored the first rushing TD of the season last week(WEEK 7!!), and he has been running well. It's not like the guy couldn't have 6 or 7 TDs right now. The Redskin's obviously prefer the playaction pass over the RB dive when the endzone is close. Brunell has been money on those rollout passes from the 5 yard line. Mike Sellers 29 yards, 4 TDs anyone??

I doubt you can trade Brunell for true value right now because people will remember last season and ignore how much he is lighting it up this season. I would trade FOR this guy and ride him until he busts.

Brunell over McNabb? I dunno about that one. Brunell is a top10 QB though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:06 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Look at what that team is doing. Santana Moss is a top10, if not top5 WR at this point and going forward.

Actually, I think in most league formats, from a fantasy perspective, Santana Moss is the number 1 receiver....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:09 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Look at what that team is doing. Santana Moss is a top10, if not top5 WR at this point and going forward.

Actually, I think in most league formats, from a fantasy perspective, Santana Moss is the number 1 receiver....

He is definitely up there. Steve Smith is leading a number of mine that I researched off the top of my head. Especially with bonuses for longer TDs. But that said, Moss is right behind him at #2.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk