Martz to miss entire season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Martz to miss entire season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:49 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im looking at it right now BH - 6th in total points and 8th in per game numbers.

total RB points:
LT
SA
Edge
LJordan
Priest
SJax
TJones

I must've been sorting it wrong.

Well, Top 6 is still not Top 5.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby john333 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Dude, I didn't say top 5 yahoo. I was talking about my league, not yours. You brought the whole "yahoo standard scoring" thing into this.
john333
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:59 pm

theres kinda gotta be a standard when talking about ranking players with point values....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:59 pm

john333 wrote:Dude, I didn't say top 5 yahoo. I was talking about my league, not yours. You brought the whole "yahoo standard scoring" thing into this.

Someone has to bring a in a standard scoring. Otherwise, I could say that Rams' players get 40pts per TD in my league so Sjax is #1.

People may disagree with standard Yahoo...but it's as close to a standard as we have.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:02 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
john333 wrote:Dude, I didn't say top 5 yahoo. I was talking about my league, not yours. You brought the whole "yahoo standard scoring" thing into this.

Someone has to bring a in a standard scoring. Otherwise, I could say that Rams' players get 40pts per TD in my league so Sjax is #1.

People may disagree with standard Yahoo...but it's as close to a standard as we have.

the rams do get 40 pt TDs in my league. and only the rams players. it was written in fine print...so nobody understood why I drafted only rams players. it was a brilliant strategy on my part.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:03 pm

moonhead wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

the rams do get 40 pt TDs in my league. and only the rams players. it was written in fine print...so nobody understood why I drafted only rams players. it was a brilliant strategy on my part.

Nice work, sir. Missed FGs are worth negative 100 points my league. I don't start a kicker and I'm doing great!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:04 pm

I find it interesting to see that the consensus top 4 RBs are still in the top 5 after 7 weeks. Doesnt at least one preseason top 5 RB flop?

Also - in terms of actual value - how important was it to land LT or SA with a top 3 pick? I noticed this in a few leagues, but coming back in the draft, the LT and SA owners probably were looking at WRs like TO/Holt/CJ and a #2 RB in the LJordan/Westbrook/SJax range. My guess is that there are a LOT of teams leading their leagues who had a top 3 pick and went RB/RB/WR in some fashion.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
moonhead wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

Nice work, sir. Missed FGs are worth negative 100 points my league. I don't start a kicker and I'm doing great!

Haha. Well done. I had Cortez in a league like that. D'oheth!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:45 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:

Let's be reallistic here. Standard scoring for RBs in FF is just about the easiest thing to definte out there for people around here. 10yds/point and 6pts/TD is just about as close to standard as you can get around here.

Yahoo's TD heavy scoring is rarely used by serious FF'ers.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:02 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I find it interesting to see that the consensus top 4 RBs are still in the top 5 after 7 weeks. Doesnt at least one preseason top 5 RB flop?

Also - in terms of actual value - how important was it to land LT or SA with a top 3 pick? I noticed this in a few leagues, but coming back in the draft, the LT and SA owners probably were looking at WRs like TO/Holt/CJ and a #2 RB in the LJordan/Westbrook/SJax range. My guess is that there are a LOT of teams leading their leagues who had a top 3 pick and went RB/RB/WR in some fashion.

Yeah, that player did flop. His name is McAllister. And yeah, there are a lot of LT/SA/Edge owners who went WR/RB in the 2nd/3rd that are dominating. I have Edge, TO, Westy, and Bulger and 7-0 in that league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk