Owners of Manning, James, Colts D, et. al... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owners of Manning, James, Colts D, et. al...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owners of Manning, James, Colts D, et. al...

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm

In a strange way, you may want to root for a week of decreased production or two, especially if you already seem to be playoff-bound.

At this rate, the Colts are going to lock up the #1 seed in Week 14 or 15, and ruin all of our postseasons. Thankfully, the schedule after the bye gets more difficult. But, if they keep on winning, there's no other elite team in the AFC this season to keep them in check.
Keeper1125
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Teh Jury » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:24 pm

On the other hand, if they remain undefeated, they may go after the 16-0, depending on what Tony Dungy is thinking. I hope Dungy is still the man in Indy cause I don't really follow a lot of coaches.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:28 pm

They still have the Pats on their schedule, and if Bruschi manages to come back by then, I wouldn't say they've got anything locked up yet.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby aerodan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:52 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Colts home field advantage just yet... Any of the following teams on their schedule are perfectly capable of taking them out...
@ New England
@ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
@ Jacksonville
San Diego
@ Seattle

Only weak teams remaining would be Houston , Tennessee and Arizona, and any of them desperate for a win could take them out as well. I'd say it's a coin flip right now with them and Pittsburgh, and Cowher's been there before and knows what it takes to get them there, Indy has yet to prove anything in my book
aerodan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Again, I'm not saying they won't lose. I'm just saying, if your players perform too well over the next several weeks, it may wind up costing you.

Believe me, as an owners of Manning, Wayne, and the Colts D, I am not thrilled with the situation.
Keeper1125
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:40 pm

I wouldn't worry about the Colts D at all, you might worry about Manning and Wayne but likely if they have homefield advantage locked up in the AFC by week 14 they probably won't play their starters in week 17 only... and less in week 16. They won't sit them for 3-4 weeks.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sehaslem » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:02 pm

I have heard a lot of talk to trade Colts players off. I have James and I can't find any satisfying trades. But our league voted to move the playoffs up to weeks 13.14. and 15. Should I worry about James splitting carries with Rhodes or less production from him?
sehaslem
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk